PDA

View Full Version : Betting on "The Bachelor"?

bostondave
03-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Hello all-

I've read a bunch of posts on this forum about people gambling on the results of American Idol...are there any sites that offer gambling on the results of The Bachelor?

Disclosure: I'm not actually interested in gambling on it, but I used to know one of the girls who is on the show this season, and I want to know what the odds are of her "winning"

Thanks!

-Dave

bigalt
03-29-2005, 03:56 PM
i'm not sure about the bachelor, but american idol is fairly unique in that it's broadcasted more or less live.

I remember the first celebrity boxing match, my friend watched it live and then when they showed it on TV two weeks later made a killing, since he knew the outcome.

GrannyMae
03-29-2005, 04:26 PM
there are some places where you can bet on the results of taped events (survivor is biggest example).

the sites that accept the bets claim that the non-disclosure contracts that the contestants sign are protection enough so they will allow it.

that's total BS because greed takes over. it is not what you think as the danger. i.e. if scumbags know the winner, they will not just bet the winner. they will manipulate the market so that they can get a huge score.

if you place enough spoilers out there and then make some well placed trades, you could price the winner down to almost zero then scoop them up.

betting on a taped show is extremely dangerous.

a friend that owns a bar in miami had a bartender working for him that was on that gay reality show that had some straight ringers. the bartender was straight but was doing very well in the show and was advancing nicely. the problem is that the guy was back at work tending bar when the show started airing and he could not keep his mouth shut. therefore, i personally knew this guy was not going to win. i did not know the winner, but i knew he was eliminated near end.

then last week american idol had a taped segment. rustyJedi uncovered enough spoilers about this taped segment that savvy investors were able to make 8 points in a day because of leaks.

i know the purpose of your post is to just see the price on your friend, but the purpose of my post was to warn others to stick with live betting futures or you just may get burned.