PDA

View Full Version : broke two chairs this week.

whiskeytown
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
I must be approaching lardass status - two chairs this week have broken on me -

both times it's been one of the front supports, like that target chair I bought, but I see now a screw in my office chair busted clean out of the wood in the seat and took an inch of seat support with it. (I thought it leaned a bit too far back last week.)

I'm still the same 218 pounds (6'3" - so 218 isn't that terrible) - I think I'm just collasping into them too hard. Too much faith - maybe I was drunk when I broke them....I don't know.

time to go buy the heavy duty IKEA - or better yet, just a fat ol' bean bag that I can't hurt - cause my lardass is breaking all the furniture.

RB

ddollevoet
03-29-2005, 03:40 PM
First guitars, now chairs.

Look at and then slowly lower yourself to the sitting surface. Stop with the kamikaze stuff before you get hurt.

whiskeytown
03-29-2005, 03:43 PM
that guitar was in the target chair -

hell, I shoulda tossed that mo-fo chair the moment I did that..

RB

Porcupine
03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm just collasping into them too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can second that. When I weighed about 170, I broke a couch leg, a chair, and a spring in my car seat. I'm pretty lazy, so tend to just "plop" into seats.

My friends still laugh about the chair - it was in an apartment office when I was signing a lease. I don't think the shattered chair on the office floor made them comfortable that I was going to leave the apartment in good shape.