PDA

View Full Version : 9/18 at the commerce... set with 10,10

Catch of the Day
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Okay, so yeah I know that this hand belongs in the another forum, but I have been lurking far to long here to want to post it in any other spot.

I am in the BB with 10,10.

Utg+1 (Pretty solid, Prety cute Asian 25 yr old) raises, LAG idiot in LMP calls, I 3 bet, she caps, LMP calls, I call.

Flop: K 10 3

I bet, UTG+1 raises, Idiot folds, I 3 bet, She caps.

Turn: 7

What now???

My line in white.

I check, she bet, I raised, she called.

River: 5 (spade)

I check, she bet, I called...

Catch-

BigEndian
03-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Call down once she caps the flop unless she's very aggressive. Ask for her phone number after she drags the pot.

- Jim

sfer
03-29-2005, 03:31 PM
There are more combinations of AA/AK than KK.

Dooder, checkraise the flop. You don't want to lose LMP LAG.

The way it played out, once she just calls the turn checkraise the only reason I'm checking the river is to checkraise again.

Also, I think the appropriate thing to say to her during the hand is "Gambool" or "Aiyaaaaaa!" and after you're stacking chips you need to say, "Ever seen Snaggy Nads?" Hope that's your regular game now...

Fat Nicky
03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
I think i'd lean toward betting out the turn and call down if raised. In your case, where you check/raised the turn, why didn't you bet the river???

meep_42
03-29-2005, 03:35 PM
check/raise/call the flop
check/raise the turn
bet the river.

-d

shant
03-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Why is the river being a spade important? Were there 2 spades on the flop? All spades?

sthief09
03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
well played

caaaaatch of the [censored] day

by the way, 9/18 belongs here

sfer
03-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Las Vegas. You [censored] bastard.

Moozh
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
You slowed down too soon.

Bet the turn hoping to get raised so you can re-raise. If she 4-bets, then you can slow down.

Why did you stop on the river? She CALLED your turn check-raise. Would she call your turn check-raise with any hand that beats you? I can't think of any. Either bet out on the river, or check-raise again.

onegymrat
03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
You have a monster hand and I like your flop bet. Have her chase out the gutshot right away by allowing her to raise and then 3-bet.

Realistically, you're only beat by KK and if that's the case, that's poker. You should pump this as if you're ahead. She only called your turn check-raise which should tell you she doesn't have KK and most likely AK or AA at best. Any reason why you check-called the river?

Catch of the Day
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
[censored] okay...I just realized that when I copy/pasted this it got all Fcuked up...

The flop was monotone... all spades...

the turn was a Diamond...and my line, was suppose to be in white...

That is what I get for using GoT's keyboard...The korean characters are so hard to read.

Catch-

Catch of the Day
03-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Your avatar is awesome...

Catch-

P.S. I think you were there for this hand. Oh wait, I think the A-hole to my left asked the dealer to clear the rail. What a dick...

Catch of the Day
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Dude this one time, I was at this dance, and on the way home I was like to my GF..."Home is this way!" and she was like "No its not" and I was like "Oh yeah, well we will see who gets there first"...

I think you know what happened after that.

Catch-

Catch of the Day
03-29-2005, 04:49 PM
am in the BB with 10,10.

Utg+1 (Pretty solid, Prety cute Asian 25 yr old) raises, LAG idiot in LMP calls, I 3 bet, she caps, LMP calls, I call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, UTG+1 raises, Idiot folds, I 3 bet, She caps.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, she bets, I raise.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

so if that changes anything...

sthief09
03-29-2005, 05:01 PM
nope, bet confidently

this is one situation where I think betting in the dark has an advantage. it's hard to pretend you're not horrified by the river card when putting in your bet. I always get paranoid the person is playing at me because he/she noticed my lack of confidence in the bet. or I hesitate then just check. betting in the dark shows confidence and makes it hard for her to raise you

onegymrat
03-29-2005, 05:16 PM
In that case, perfect.