PDA

View Full Version : How to play the Big stack early

rickr
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm curious haow others play when they double or triple up early in a SNG. Do you go ahead and push around, limp more, or go ultra tight until later?

Thanks,
Rick

hyde
03-29-2005, 03:49 PM
"I'm curious haow others play when they double or triple up early in a SNG. Do you go ahead and push around, limp more, or go ultra tight until later?

Thanks,
Rick "

I go get a beer, maybe reply to a few emails, paint the bathroom......
or if I already did that stuff, I tighten way up and let the rest of the group kick each other around. I don't find it effective to bully others early in a tourney, the crazies stay and catch too much. Effective bullying starts later, level 4 or so.

johnny005
03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I dont really bully but I will play a few more hands from the button, raising with 2 cards A-J, T-9s, 98s, 87s if no raisers in the pot..oh wait this is after level 4 never mind... heh well thats what I do...after level 4

citanul
03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
it can, however, dictate some changes in my play post flop. i'd rarely if ever start to play many more hands early because of getting a few chips.

citanul

JuicePGA
03-29-2005, 07:33 PM
There is absolutely no reason to bully early on, the pots you'll pick up are just far too small to warrant risking a lot of your chips. Sit back and wait until the blinds are big enough that they are "steal-worthy".

Degen
03-29-2005, 07:47 PM
ditto

Degen

AA suited
03-30-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no reason to bully early on, the pots you'll pick up are just far too small to warrant risking a lot of your chips. Sit back and wait until the blinds are big enough that they are "steal-worthy".

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. bullying to steal blinds lower than 50/100 isnt worth the risk.