PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Religions

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Okay this post has no relation to "Politics" but since there is no religion forum here it goes.

I felt like posting my list of Top Ten worst religions.

1- Islamism
Description: No freedom, female genital mutilation, produces lots of terrorists, does not like western culture

2- Hinduism
Description: Ugly symbols (elephants, woman with multiple arms, etc) Only people from India believe in it..

3- Catholics
Description: Uses fear to gain followers (hell, devil, punishment, etc), does not like sex/pleasure/etc, everything is a sin and god is evil because he punishes for almost everything.

4- Evangelicals
Description: follows the bible to the letter, does not believe in evolution, big bang or science. Against technology. (plus all things on the descriptions of Catholics)

5- Mormons
Description: Don't know the story but I saw a joke about it on a SouthPark episode and it was pretty lame

6- Judaism
Description: everything is sin, no sex, etc. Similar to catholics except here, earning money and being rich is good (not a sin).

7- Protestants
Description: Light version of Catholic?

8- Raelians
Description: check rael.org, not a good story. Goofy pentagram with spiral as symbol

9- Spirituals
Description: Omg these are the worst. Healing crystals, pyramids, witchcraft, wicca, etc. 2nd quality religions. Not good enough to become mainstream

10- African religions
Description: invented evil "voodoo" stuff.. not good at all

PS: these are NOT arranged in any order
---------------------------------------------------

Would like to know YOUR top ten lists.. and maybe give me some more information on the religions (I know very little about each one of them).

Dead
03-29-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6- Judaism
Description: everything is sin, no sex, etc. Similar to catholics except here, earning money and being rich is good (not a sin).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know anything about Judaism? Guess not.

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Only in a super superficial manner. A bit more then I know about african random religions ahahha

Dead
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
This post looks like it was written by a fifth grader. No offense.

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Does the Jewish religion accept having a sex parties with 10 people with gay and lesbian sex involved... I bet those conservative people find it sinfull dont they?

Zygote
03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
even the most religious jews are allowed to have sex

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm not a fifth grader, I'm no expert theologist either
I just wanna say the things that bother me about religion
seems like some people can't be flexible about this subject huh

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 02:36 PM
But I gotta agree, my post DOES sound childish!

but so does believing in beings living in the clouds, with wings and harps, and little red men undergroud with pitchforks....

whats more childish :/

vulturesrow
03-29-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3- Catholics
Description: Uses fear to gain followers (hell, devil, punishment, etc), does not like sex/pleasure/etc, everything is a sin and god is evil because he punishes for almost everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely wrong. One of the worst posts ever in Politics.

Dead
03-29-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3- Catholics

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We finally agree on something.

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 02:40 PM
will I be punished for saying such things about Christianity? will i go to hell?

PS: no matter what you answer, you will be a hypocrite

vulturesrow
03-29-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
will I be punished for saying such things about Christianity? will i go to hell?

PS: no matter what you answer, you will be a hypocrite

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope you wont be punished for saying them. Not believing in them, it depends on how you live your life to a degree. Catholics believe in Purgatory, which you probably didnt know. Now please show me how I am a hypocrite.

vulturesrow
03-29-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3- Catholics

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We finally agree on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of your posts in Micro /images/graemlins/grin.gif And actually on some social policies, I think we are closer than you might suspect.

Broken Glass Can
03-29-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fifth grader, I'm no expert theologist either
I just wanna say the things that bother me about religion

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is not really about religion, it is about yourself, your biases, your misperceptions, etc. Look into that and you will learn a lot.

elwoodblues
03-29-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6- Judaism
Description: everything is sin, no sex, etc. Similar to catholics except here, earning money and being rich is good (not a sin). [ QUOTE ]
Do you know anything about Judaism? Guess not

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this thread. People take one of his points and say "you really don't know what you are talking about with regard to religion x" - subtly suggesting that with regard to the other religions listed there is a font of knowledge being displayed.

vulturesrow
03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love this thread. People take one of his points and say "you really don't know what you are talking about with regard to religion x" - subtly suggesting that with regard to the other religions listed there is a font of knowledge being displayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I trying to allow for the fact that the OP may know more about weird African religions than I did. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BCPVP
03-29-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7- Protestants

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. There's lots of significant differences.
You don't really know anything about any of these religions, do you? What a retarded post...

tek
03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6- Judaism

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see...Rabbis can get married. Catholic priests cannot.

Which religion has the pedophiles? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

r3vbr
03-29-2005, 04:38 PM
the moral is that all religons are evil.
made to control people.

churches invent stories and make up symbols to attract followers...

I don't find it wrong to believe in a higher being, I respect that. But to believe in the lame stories that religions invented is just pathetic

And for a religious person to believe that only HIS church has the probability of being right (let's say a catholic, who stats that it's impossible for a muslim to be correct).

A rational approach for a religious man would be to state the following:
"I am a catholic because I believe it is the one with highest probability of being true.

and then make a little matrix of possibilities:
30% catholic
15% other christian beliefs
10% islamism
9% hinduism
8% buddism
(...) until
SUM = 100%

so the person IS a catholic, but he knows that he is probably wrong (only 30% chance of being right).

This is way more realistic.. but religious folks dont think

Dead
03-29-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6- Judaism
Description: everything is sin, no sex, etc. Similar to catholics except here, earning money and being rich is good (not a sin). [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull. I just know more about Judaism than the others. So I picked it out.

I think this entire post is crap, personally.

BCPVP
03-29-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
made to control people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like someone needs to loosen the elastic strap on his tinfoil hat... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

03-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Worst. Post. Ever.

zaxx19
03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
What the hell is Islamism...

Assuming it is Islam...

In many ways Islam is part of the Western tradition. It in many ways can be considered half of the Western traditon.

I always find it curious that people will link Christianity with the Western tradition but not Islam.

What were the Germans/Celtics/ Goths doing while Greece was flourishing?? (Hmm bopping eachother on the head with clubs in caves...)What were the Near Easterners?

Who had more contact and interaction with the Hellenic world?

stealyourface
03-29-2005, 10:02 PM
r2vbr, your post is full of ignorance and baseless arguements about the major religions of the world. Have you ever thought that some people use religion to guide their moral agency and consider things such as biblical stories to be allegories?

I don't know much about you, but this post makes you seem like a complete retard

sirio11
03-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Terrible post

Bob Moss
03-30-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1- Islamism
Description: No freedom, female genital mutilation , produces lots of terrorists, does not like western culture

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ignore what the jews (and many others) do to their boys.

Bob

mmbt0ne
03-30-2005, 10:05 AM
I, for one, commend you r3vbr, on your ability to unite the likes of sirio, zaxx, BGC, and Dead against the rampant stupidity diplayed in your post.

benfranklin
03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I interpreted those posts as saying, I know about "X", you obviously don't know jack about "X", so you probably don't know jack about anything else.

And if that's not what they were saying, that's what I am saying. This guy doesn't know jack about religion.

BCPVP
03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In hospitals...and usually not with pieces of glass.

Gamblor
03-30-2005, 05:27 PM

The very first commandment god gives the jews is to "be fruitful and multiply" which basically every rabbi has interpreted to mean have as much sex as humanly possible.

Bigdaddydvo
03-30-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
made to control people.

I don't find it wrong to believe in a higher being, I respect that. But to believe in the lame stories that religions invented is just pathetic

And for a religious person to believe that only HIS church has the probability of being right (let's say a catholic, who stats that it's impossible for a muslim to be correct).

"I am a catholic because I believe it is the one with highest probability of being true.

and then make a little matrix of possibilities:
30% catholic
15% other christian beliefs
10% islamism
9% hinduism
8% buddism
(...) until
SUM = 100%

so the person IS a catholic, but he knows that he is probably wrong (only 30% chance of being right).

This is way more realistic.. but religious folks dont think

[/ QUOTE ]

The ignorance of this post reaches astronomical proportions. As a practicing Catholic well versed in the Catechism it teaches, never once have I woken up and said or thought "Thank You God for letting me pick the right Faith! I'm so lucky that I'm not a Lutheran!" I love my Faith because the Church's Sacraments (Communion, Confession, et al) provide a unique opportunity to nurture a loving relationship with God, not because it's "right."

Dead
03-30-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In hospitals...and usually not with pieces of glass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews don't do it in hospitals.

It's done by someone called a mohel in a special ceremony. And it's called a bris. And I'm glad I had it done.

Dead
03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The very first commandment god gives the jews is to "be fruitful and multiply" which basically every rabbi has interpreted to mean have as much sex as humanly possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

jokerswild
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
You left out "with your spouse."

Sodomzing vagrants, beastiality, and adultery are still against the rules.

Of course behavior does not become proscribed unless people are already doing it.

Gamblor
03-30-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You left out "with your spouse."

Sodomzing vagrants, beastiality, and adultery are still against the rules.

Of course behavior does not become proscribed unless people are already doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong again.

actually, it only means that masturbation is bad because it wastes sperm. you can have sex with anyone you want as long as it's for the purpose of making babies.

banging some other dudes wife = a lack of respect for him = violation of the cardinal rule of Judaism (and virtually every religion)

Ve'ahavta la'reyaha camoha.

Love your neighbour as much as yourself

Gamblor
03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
the other two rules i think are self-explanatory.

natedogg
03-31-2005, 01:28 AM
5- Mormons
Description: Don't know the story but I saw a joke about it on a SouthPark episode and it was pretty lame

The South Park episode was actually incredibly accurate.

natedogg

BCPVP
03-31-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jews don't do it in hospitals.

[/ QUOTE ]
But many people do.

[ QUOTE ]
It's done by someone called a mohel in a special ceremony. And it's called a bris. And I'm glad I had it done.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may want to read up on how it is practiced in some countries. In some countries, the relatives of the girl often hold her down and it is not often sterile. Plus it affects the woman's health for a long time (e.g. infections).

Vince Young
03-31-2005, 01:53 AM
As a Muslimist, I am very offended.

MMMMMM
03-31-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1- Islamism
Description: No freedom, female genital mutilation , produces lots of terrorists, does not like western culture

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the same thing at all, Bob.

Circumcised males can have orgasms later in life. Clitorectomized females can't.

Big difference.

Sephus
03-31-2005, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

...This is way more realistic.. but religious folks dont think

[/ QUOTE ]

so the rational catholic says "every day i experience God's amazing power in my life through my relationship with him ...probably."

who doesn't think?

Dead
03-31-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1- Islamism

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Circumcision is not a bad thing. i think that it is more sanitary. And like MMMMMM said, it's not the same.

Genital mutilation is done to females to deny them sexual pleasure. This is not Jewish boys have a bris. The males can still have sexual pleasure.

One has also been denounced as a human rights abuse, and it's not the bris, it's the one practiced by some Muslims.

I have heard people talk about how circumcision is cruel and should be banned. I think that's just stupid.

hunterking
03-31-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay this post has no relation to "Politics" but since there is no religion forum here it goes.

I felt like posting my list of Top Ten worst religions.

1- Islamism
Description: No freedom, female genital mutilation, produces lots of terrorists, does not like western culture

2- Hinduism
Description: Ugly symbols (elephants, woman with multiple arms, etc) Only people from India believe in it..

3- Catholics

4- Evangelicals
Description: follows the bible to the letter, does not believe in evolution, big bang or science. Against technology. (plus all things on the descriptions of Catholics)

5- Mormons

6- Judaism

7- Protestants

8- Raelians
Description: check rael.org, not a good story. Goofy pentagram with spiral as symbol

9- Spirituals
Description: Omg these are the worst. Healing crystals, pyramids, witchcraft, wicca, etc. 2nd quality religions. Not good enough to become mainstream

10- African religions
Description: invented evil "voodoo" stuff.. not good at all

PS: these are NOT arranged in any order
---------------------------------------------------

Would like to know YOUR top ten lists.. and maybe give me some more information on the religions (I know very little about each one of them).

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...okay...i haven't read this thread yet, only the OP, and also i am not particularly "religious," but, wow, i can't believe the broad, negative generalizations that you associate with many of these religions...hoping this is just a joke

hunterking
03-31-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6- Judaism

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

LouisMatthews
04-01-2005, 01:48 AM
wait, so raeleans are better than christians?