PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Jerry Falwell has suffered a major heart attack

Dead
03-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Per MSNBC.

May all his doctors and nurses be GLBT.

Here's a choice Falwell quote:

“And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say ‘you helped this happen.’”

-Jerry Falwell, on the events of September 11, 2001

I think I would like to quote a Romans verse about this:
Romans 12:19 - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rot in hell, Falwell.

partygirluk
03-29-2005, 03:10 PM
If that quote is true, he sounds like quite a [censored].

whiskeytown
03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
actually...the rain falls on the righteous and the unrighteous

He just spoke out on the Terri Schavio case - going on about how glad he was he was kept alive during his bout with viral pneumonia - interesting turn of events -

http://mediamatters.org/items/200503280007

He's requested that if he goes into a vegatative state that all means necessary be used to keep him alive - doesn't sound like a man too eager to get to heaven...LOL

RB

Broken Glass Can
03-29-2005, 03:46 PM
I feel dirty just replying to this thread. Is this thread restricted to posts from those who are wishing death upon people?

dr_venkman
03-29-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wishing death upon people?

[/ QUOTE ]

You say it as if it's a bad thing.

bholdr
03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
"I feel dirty just replying to this thread. Is this thread restricted to posts from those who are wishing death upon people?"

...said the neo-con hawk to the doves... but i aggree. I don't wish death upon anyone, unlike falwell... he's a messed up mean bastard, and while half of me is thinking "good riddance to bad rubbish, the world is better off without falwell's hatemongering BS" the other half says "nobody deserves to die, but we all do anyway. ain't that a bitch?"

whiskeytown
03-29-2005, 04:21 PM
as a person who has studied the bible and what it means to be a Christian...

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Jerry Falwell is one of those people who gets to heaven and says "Look, God - I built great churches in your name...and raised a lot of money from people, and called myself a Christian - I deserve to get into Heaven!"

And God gives him that line "depart from me, ye who practiced lawlessness...I never knew you"

but nah, I don't wish death on him...in fact...I haven't seen any indication he's in trouble...sounds like they have him stablized again.

RB

BCPVP
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Reminds me of the Lewis Black rant about Falwell. Wish I could find it online... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pokerjo22
03-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Why does God always speak in ye olde worlde englishe?

thatpfunk
03-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Shhhhh... You're asking to many questions.

thatpfunk
03-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh darn.

Dead
03-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Yes, I am saddened.

Saddened that he's not dead yet.

When he dies, there will be a celebration round these parts, with lots of alcohol.

PhatTBoll
03-29-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I am saddened.

Saddened that he's not dead yet.

When he dies, there will be a celebration round these parts, with lots of alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...I think you should get a girlfriend. Or a dog, or something.

Richard Tanner
03-29-2005, 11:56 PM
No kidding, disagree all you like, but for your own sake try and stop short of wishing painful death on people.

Cody

Dead
03-30-2005, 01:20 AM
This guy wishes death on lots of people.

He is an unrepentant homophobe and sexist, and he has uttered bigoted remarks about Islam and Judaism.

Richard Tanner
03-30-2005, 04:06 AM
I agree, the world would be better off without his hatred and bigotry, but wishing death on him is to allow yourself to be no better than he is.

Cody

sirio11
03-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Well, all the guys who wants the US to invade Iran and Syria, are certainly wishing the death of a lot of people.