PDA

View Full Version : Possible leak in my game... Push?

KingDan
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
4 Tables, 20+2 Partypoker

5 Handed ,150/300 Blinds I'm the Button. Folded to me 1500 chips, I see pocket twos. I barely have the Small Blind covered (say 1300 chips) and the BB has me covered by a few hundred. I push, knowing I will get called by a very wide range of hands in the BB. 450 chips enough to push for, knowing most likely event is a coinflip? Also, what range of hands would you push knowing BB will call very liberally.

jah0550
03-29-2005, 01:19 PM
2s might be one of the worst hands in poker. No matter what, you are in a race situation. I hate going all-in with 2s, because it is so easily beatable. Fold this and wait for a better opportunity to push.

KingDan
03-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, the chance of being dominated preflop I believe are approximately 1/8. (1 out of 17 pocket pair, two opponents. Theres 450 in the pot, over 25$ of my stack, to compensate for this. Plus some, if minimal, fold equity.

I thought this could be a trying to win as opposed to settling (or trying to ) 3rd?

Phil Van Sexton
03-29-2005, 01:34 PM
You need to define "call very liberally" in order to get a real answer. Any 2 cards?

Even if he calls 50% of the time, pushing is likely correct. I'm too lazy to run the ICM to verify this.

Actually I can't because you didn't include all stack sizes. Feel free to do the math yourself.

22 is a clear push, unless the BB is a total maniac.

KingDan
03-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Very liberally is i think every ace, most kings, and any 'pretty hand' (q10 suited). I Have no idea how to do the math, can you lead me in the right direction?

[ QUOTE ]
You need to define "call very liberally" in order to get a real answer. Any 2 cards?

Even if he calls 50% of the time, pushing is likely correct. I'm too lazy to run the ICM to verify this.

Actually I can't because you didn't include all stack sizes. Feel free to do the math yourself.

22 is a clear push, unless the BB is a total maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]