PDA

View Full Version : TPTK not looking good

mlb3zr
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
This was a PokerRoom hand, so the converter didn't work as well. I don't have that many hands with any of the players, but they're shaping up to be LPP, UTG+1 in particular. Any advice is appreciated!

Preflop:
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, hero (A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) raises, MP2 calls, 2 folds, button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Flop (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 checks, hero bets, MP2 calls, button raises, SB folds, UTG+1 calls, hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, button caps, UTG+1, hero, and MP2 call.

<font color="blue">Here I'm thinking I don't especially like button's raise, but I'm 3-betting because I've got TPTK and the 2 backdoor draws. After button caps, I'm thinking 2 pair or set. I'm also not pleased w. all the cold calling that UTG+1 and MP2 are doing.

<font color="black">Turn (14 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="blue">Well, that didn't help me. Then suddenly,

<font color="black"> UTG+1 bets, hero...

<font color="blue">This is not good. LPP UTG+1 almost certainly turned at least two pair, perhaps a set or straight. I suspect that the betting will be heavy because button capped the flop, so why should he slow down now? So do I lay down my TPTK that no longer has the backdoor flush or straight draws? I've got outs to the K's (but they might give someone the full) and top two pair (but that will lose anyway if I'm facing a set or straight). Or do I call down because of pot size?

Isura
03-29-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't think you can fold TPTK here with 14BB in the pot. Even paying 2 bets to see the river you get over 8 to 1 to improve. If you call and face 2 more back to you, then you can fold.

zram21
03-29-2005, 01:28 PM
On the flop the button may just be jamming a flush draw or an OESD. There is no way I fold getting 15 to 1 on this call. I would call the first bet and then evaluate based on the action from there.

krishanleong
03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way I fold getting 15 to 1 on this call. I would call the first bet and then evaluate based on the action from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind this plan. I'm folding the turn if it comes 2-back to me though.

Krishan

GoHoosiers
03-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I agree.

Call the bet from UTG+1, see what kind of action takes place following. I'd fold two back to me, call a single bet.

Rich