PDA

View Full Version : Review each others hand histories?

aflaba
03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi HUSH-colleges!

Since last time I posted here I have been playing some 15/30 full handed. It started of great but ended catastrofically. It ended with a rapid and big losing streak that I don't know if it was due to losing play or bad luck. Anyway to regain my confidense, save my hard earned money... and sanity, I decided to move down to 5/10 to recoup.

I thought I would be able to win easily there since I should be a lot better now that when I first played in those games. I also feel a lot better and more confident with my decitions.

Unfortunatly reality isn't always as good as fantasy. Here is my losing streak since my peak:

*$15/30: -$6,000 after 5k hands
*$5/10: -$800 after 5k hands
*PS hup S&G: -$200

Sure this could all be to bad luck, though it feels unlikely. But howerver that may be it feels crappy that I'm "not able" to beat _anything_. Being sane and resonable that I am I have really started to question my ability to play poker... at all.

Since a ignorant man(me) can't teach himself it would be great if I could get help from a long term winner at 5/10 or 10/20. It would be very nice if any long term winner would offer to look through some of my hands and tell me if I'm way off somewhere. And I'll look through your hands as well and see if I can give advice to.

PM me if you want to offer to look through my hands.

Reply if you want to tell me that everything is going to be allr ight :-) or if you think I should start playing lottery instead of poker :-(.

thanks

aflaba
03-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Do you think I'm playing like crap, not noticing it, or that I'm just having ol' plain bad luck.

Rubeskies
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi HUSH-colleges!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is there a HUSH college?

Anyway, your 5/10 downswing is nothing at all, wouldn't think twice about it. The 15/30 one is decent sized at 200BBs but I've heard of the top players with a downswing twice that size so I'm sorry but I don't have much more to offer than to deem your sample size insufficient. 5K isn't a ton of hands to lose that much money but I just don't think we have enough info.

I have heard people say they want something like a 18-20K bankroll to handle the big swings in 15/30.

If you don't feel confident though moving down is the right response.

MrBig30
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
A 280 BB downslide is far from unheard of for otherwise winning players of course, although it still sucks.

I heard Daniel Negraneau (a top tournament player) say on WPT that when he runs good he feel like nobody can beat him and when he runs really bad he starts thinking "do I even know how to play this game?". Nice to know even pros are not immune to that. I know I´m not.

aflaba
03-29-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard Daniel Negraneau (a top tournament player) say on WPT that when he runs good he feel like nobody can beat him and when he runs really bad he starts thinking "do I even know how to play this game?". Nice to know even pros are not immune to that. I know I´m not.

[/ QUOTE ]

:-D that't very interesting to hear. I didn't think that would be the case with any pro.

TStoneMBD
03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
if you hit a 280BB downswing plus your 200$ sng loss, you are probably a longterm losing player. these downswings are rare, but very possible for a winning player. its just far more likely that youre not good.

id recommend that you drop down to 3/6 for 30k hands. if you have a losing BB/100 after that sample then you are almost definitely a losing player at the current time.

no offense, just trying to be helpful.

spydog
03-29-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you hit a 280BB downswing plus your 200$ sng loss, you are probably a longterm losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty harsh. I recently went through a 330BB downswing, yet 180k hands of data would indicate that I'm not even close to being a losing player.

Victor
03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
280 bb downswings are common. many ppl on this site have reported them.

aflaba
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Absolutly no offense taken MBD. I have nothing to be offended for in your post. It is a good post

The downswing has been mainly on 15/30. And you are definitly right that I may be a losing player at that level. I probably am. If I'm not I'm sure a have been at times during the downswing.

At 5/10 on the other hand I have a hard time imagining that I am a losing player although may have been at times. I know I have been to aggressive on the flop. Today I decided to clean up my play. I've moved down to 3 tables and I've stopped betting mindlessly. Today I have only been able to detect around 1 significant error in my play per hundred hands. I hope this will make the trick. And I hope I'm not "missing anything" although I don't know what that would be.

(The S&G I shouldn't have brought up. Sorry about that. My mind slipped. Since the start of the downswing I'm actually up in them. It's only since the peak of my results in _those_ games that I'm down $200, losing one $100 match and two $50. I was wrong to take that up and make it sound worse than it was.)

Rather than moving down to $3/6, which is an open otion, I would like to improve my game at 5/10, with the help of someone on here. Maybe I could help someone elses game at the same time as getting help. After all I am an overall winner at 5/10, 10/20, 15/30 and $100 hup S&G.