PDA

View Full Version : Play for all your chips with KJ?

soxfan70
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
In a 54 person MTT, awarding 4 $5250 seats at Foxwoods; down to two tables, 6 players a piece. Blinds are $400, $800 with a $100 ante. You are UTG + 2, folded to you with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and you make it $1600 to go. Folded back to the BB who has come back from being down to about $2000 in chips to be roughly even with you at about $8000 prior to this hand. He has made this comeback by pushing first in with J /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, getting called by the BB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and hitting a 7; He also defended his BB by coming over the top of a minimum raise from the SB the previous orbit. SB called with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB showed K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif and hit the K on the river.
Now back to this hand. The BB pushes all-in, and has an identical chip count to you. All players started with $3000 in chips so there are $162,000 chips in play. You've played with this guy before, and he has made some aggressive stabs at pots when he has chips. What do you do?

betgo
03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't miniraise with KJo from 3rd position with 10xBB. I would fold preflop. Look for a chance to push from late position or with a premium hand.

Given your read on villain, late position of his raise, and the fact that you are kind the of pot committed (you are getting atleast 3-2 on your money), I call the push.

woodguy
03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't miniraise with KJo from 3rd position with 10xBB. I would fold preflop. Look for a chance to push from late position or with a premium hand.

Given your read on villain, late position of his raise, and the fact that you are kind the of pot committed (you are getting atleast 3-2 on your money), I call the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

Regards,
Woodguy

03-29-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is one trouble hand that really gets me into big trouble whether in tourney or ring games, it is KJo. Most of the time I get involved with it, the flop is QXX, AXX, TXX with no draws. Fold PF and be done with it.

soxfan70
03-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I wrote this post this way to keep the Bad Beat Police off my back - I actually was the player in the BB, and I had pushed with AJo. It didn't really hit me how bad this guy's play was until I was in my truck on the way home. I can't come up with a scenerio where I would have played the hand the way he did.
Anyone have a problem with pushing from the BB in the scenerio described with AJo?