PDA

View Full Version : Chip Spewing 201

QTip
03-29-2005, 10:55 AM
BB is semi-loose, but solid

MP2 is semi-tight and solid

I'm sb with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO Calls, I complete, BB checks

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB raises, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, I reraise, BB caps, MP2 calls, I call

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, BB raises, MP2 calls, I reraise, BB caps, Mp2 calls, I call

River: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB calls, MP2 raises, I reraise, BB folds, MP2 caps, I call

What do you think?

rmarotti
03-29-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

MP2 is semi-tight and solid

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

River: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB calls, MP2 raises, I reraise, BB folds, MP2

[/ QUOTE ]

What do YOU think?

edit: You know what, nevermind. With all the action MP2 gave on the turn I think your line is fine.

edit 2: Nevermind my nevermind. Your line sucks. all MP2 did was call the turn, I misread the post. Just call his river raise.

. . .

Damn. I need another cup of coffee.

Chris Dow
03-29-2005, 11:00 AM
3 bets looks really bad, call, maybe get that overcall. You can see the TJQK right in front of you. This guy has been call, call, call, call, call and then when river flushes he wakes up. Think he has the 9 high flush? Hard not to get married to your hand flopping the openended royal like that but it looks like the river is a mistake here. (If your flush is good vs MP he won't be capping imo so you're risking 2 bets of your own to get one more out of him whereas by just calling it looks like you can probably get the overcall while risking only one extra bet, plus when MP goes 4 you have to call bringing your grand total up to 3 more bets on the river)

chief444
03-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I just call the river raise. MP2 most likely has Ax /images/graemlins/club.gif.

edit...Actually I think the river is about as close to check/call as it gets with the second nuts. I still bet/call but I think the 3-bet is real bad.

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
That was the chip spewing part...I think I got caught up in the action /images/graemlins/grin.gif After I pressed raise, I thought...whoops...

Chris Dow
03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Don't think you can check/call the river because of the fact that everyone can have sets/2-pair here. Agreed on the 3 bet being real bad.

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:13 AM
You like the rest though? I was quite sure BB has something like trips 3, he wasn't real agressive before this hand.

I figured MP2 had the flush draw, but didn't want to believe it was the Ace, the more I thought about it, what else would a tight player play there that wasn't already out there....

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't think you can check/call the river because of the fact that everyone can have sets/2-pair here

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think the river is about as close to check/call as it gets with the second nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your thinking here?

GrunchCan
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I probably would CR the turn.

The Dude
03-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Bet and call a raise on the river. A/images/graemlins/club.gif x/images/graemlins/club.gif isn't the only flush draw he'll have, nor is it the only one he'll raise, but you're not ahead 50% of the time he raises, so even if you could fold to the 4-bet you wouldn't want to reraise. (And, by the way, I think calling the 4-bet is a losing proposition.) Besides, as others have pointed out, you could get an overcall from the BB, depending on how solid he is.

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And, by the way, I think calling the 4-bet is a losing proposition.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Was wondering if anyone was going to say that. I really thought about a fold there....just couldn't get myself to do it.

Definitely should have just called the 3 bet.

flair1239
03-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Looks like MP@ made his flush.

Good hand, don't really see anything out of line.

The Dude
03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I think what happened in this hand is an indicator that you have a bigger problem - not thinking far enough ahead. When you bet the river, you should already know what you're going to do if raised. Don't think one click at a time, think ahead the whole street - and if you're on the turn, think ahead to the river. If you ask yourself what you'd do if 4-bet, then it makes the decision to 3-bet or not much easier.

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:36 AM
This is a fine post, and is something that I need to work on.

Thanks.

MaxPower
03-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Listen to The Dude.

This is a good time to go for the overcall from the BB.

QTip
03-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah..should have done that.

What do you think of the thought process going on here of a check/call with the 2nd nuts?

I certainly wouldn't want to see this check through if no one had the flush and it scared them...

Chris Dow
03-29-2005, 11:58 AM
The Dude's post was very good. My response on this not being a check/call that you commented back with like huh? or something was my response to that line. I think they can both have crying call hands like set of 3's, KJ or QT so you should bet and call when raised. There was just a comment that on this river you can almost take a line of just check/calling with the second nuts. (which at a small stakes game is shocking enough to be enough considering)

chief444
03-29-2005, 12:21 PM
I didn't say I would. But I'd rather do that than put 4 bets in. It just seems very likely that MP2 was on a flush draw and there are a lot more Ax possibilities than other possiblilities. I would definitely bet the river though. I was just trying to emphasize how bad I felt the 3-bet was but obviously you realized that probably before you even posted the hand.

QTip
03-29-2005, 12:30 PM
I see...the lesser of 2 evils...OK...I can live with that.

Yeah, I like to post the hands where I know I screwed up. It helps bring some things out like what the dude told me about thinking ahead....I need to get better at that.

lenexasmith
05-25-2005, 08:20 PM
My guess is that you got beat by the nut flush.

I would have bet it the same way though.

crunchy1
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm getting online to spew right now so I can post 301!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aba20
05-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Once you three bet the river, you cannot fold to the cap, you must call in my opinion. There is just too much money out there.