PDA

View Full Version : AJ hand Can I raise this on the river?

mindflayer
03-29-2005, 04:32 AM
Yaay my first hand play question!

Villian is 69/24 over last 70 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: mindflayer is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">mindflayer raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB :#A500AF(villian)/ calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
villian checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">mindflayer bets</font>, villian calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">mindflayer bets</font>, villian calls.

River: (6.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villian bets</font>, mindflayer calls.

Is calling ok or am I wearing a skirt?!?

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
villian has 6d 6s (one pair, sixes).
mindflayer has Jh Ac (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: mindflayer wins 8.20 BB. </font>

mperich
03-29-2005, 04:47 AM
Just call here, they have the straight, or they cant call a raise the vast majority of the time. Either way your raise has no value.

-Mike

muzungu
03-29-2005, 07:53 AM
mindflayer-

Good to see you posting here, we have played some together at the 5/10 tables. We played a few hands last night, in fact- i was between you and TheDog, if that rings a bell.

IMO the problem is not that he won't call with a loser, but that against someone with these stats you can't fold to a 3-bet. So he has to pay you off twice for every time he has the straight and reraises. Plus (as the earlier responder mentioned) this sort of player is often either bluffing or has the goods. So it looks like an easy call to me.

-muz