PDA

View Full Version : Question about Paradise Poker

GutPunch
03-29-2005, 03:25 AM
I have heard rumors that they will soon allow affiliates to offer rakeback...

I know as of now they do NOT allow rakeback to be offered, and I have yet to sign up with them.

Any point in waiting for rakeback, or will it never be offered??

thanks

GrannyMae
03-29-2005, 03:49 PM
it will never be allowed at paradise.

the trend is ending it everywhere. whether that continues or not, i don't know. however, paradise is a publically traded company now and this is not going to be allowed even "quietly".

however, if you find someone who is offering it, please let me know. i'm looking for a deal too.

LALDAAS
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
paradise is a publically traded company

[/ QUOTE ]

wow Im surprised I finished the bonus the this weekend, I also plan on never going back. The software is horrible.

This also happend to me twice, I was only delt 1 card /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

AngryCola
03-29-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
his also happend to me twice, I was only delt 1 card

[/ QUOTE ]

Post the hand history.

the_rookie
03-29-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This also happend to me twice, I was only delt 1 card

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be a harware problem more than a bug in the software. When I tried playing on paradise poker on an older computer I had the same thing happen to me. Hand histories showed I was dealt two cards though.

LALDAAS
03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
HH did show 2 cards delt.My pc runs fine though more then up todate

Tapin
03-29-2005, 06:13 PM
(hijack alert)

I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with Paradise's insistence on an absolutely, utterly ridiculous amount of window redraws. On older systems, it's possible that the display update never gets fully rendered, leading to things like only showing one card. I'd more expect to see this if you're on the button, when it immediately jumps into flashing the UTG's nameplate to show where the action is.

Am I the only one who wishes every poker site would offer a "lo-fi" version of their system? I don't want card animations, I don't want chip animations, I don't want dancing congratulations, I don't want the window to have to redraw seventeen times just to see the preflop cards out...

(I realize that most of these can be turned off at most sites. But Stars and FTP -- with all the eye candy turned off -- seem to me to be the only sites that can be consistently, reliably run over a RDC tunnel without weird video artifacts. Names disappear for Party et al, Crypto sites insist on animating the chips/rake even when you've got chip animations turned off, Paradise redraws the full screen so often it's basically impossible to play on a remote box, etc etc)

I understand the "necessity" of eye candy to entice new players. Just give me an option to see a basic table with names and chip counts around it and a minimal amount of display change to show whose turn to act it is, and I'll be happy. Heck, I'd be ecstatic.

LargeCents
03-30-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(hijack alert)

I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with Paradise's insistence on an absolutely, utterly ridiculous amount of window redraws. On older systems, it's possible that the display update never gets fully rendered, leading to things like only showing one card. I'd more expect to see this if you're on the button, when it immediately jumps into flashing the UTG's nameplate to show where the action is.

Am I the only one who wishes every poker site would offer a "lo-fi" version of their system? I don't want card animations, I don't want chip animations, I don't want dancing congratulations, I don't want the window to have to redraw seventeen times just to see the preflop cards out...

(I realize that most of these can be turned off at most sites. But Stars and FTP -- with all the eye candy turned off -- seem to me to be the only sites that can be consistently, reliably run over a RDC tunnel without weird video artifacts. Names disappear for Party et al, Crypto sites insist on animating the chips/rake even when you've got chip animations turned off, Paradise redraws the full screen so often it's basically impossible to play on a remote box, etc etc)

I understand the "necessity" of eye candy to entice new players. Just give me an option to see a basic table with names and chip counts around it and a minimal amount of display change to show whose turn to act it is, and I'll be happy. Heck, I'd be ecstatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. Best would simply be a "universal interface" which would allow some simple, customizable interface used for all online poker rooms. I know there is direct opposition against this from the various poker rooms, for whatever reason. But I'd definitely like to see something like this done.

I tend to hip hop between the various poker rooms, and I lose a few BBs every day with misclicks and whatnot due to the wierd quirks of the various software interfaces. The worst symptom is the "popup on action", which doesn't seem to be disableable at some of these places. I multitable, and if I get a little behind in my "rotation", sometimes I get a involuntary table popping to the front of my screen, while I meant to click a different action on a different table. Thus, I've folded JJ in BB preflop, raised with 83o UTG, etc, etc. -EV for me.