PDA

View Full Version : Mucking QQ preflop

pokerscab1
03-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Have about 10,000 in online tourney.
Blinds around 200-400. (This was the first time I mucked QQ preflop, while ago and details are sketchy, but we're in the ballpark.)

UTG flat calls. Three off the button raises to 600.
I re-raise from the button to 1600 with my ladies, then limper goes all in for either all my chips or very close to it. Original raiser calls and I muck. UTG stinks of AA and sure enough, that's what he flips over.
Guy to my right had JJ, and in his case, he definately had a clear fold.
Am I playing too scared? I've mucked QQ in probably 4 spots in my poker career while playing no-limit, (5years)and I've been right 3 out of the 4 times.
Anyone else fold in that position?

Unparagoned
03-29-2005, 03:16 AM
Yes, I would fold. QQ is obviously a good hand, but the limp-reraise AI over a raise and a re-raise screams huge hand. Then with the call from the initial raiser in front of you, you're probably looking at some combination of AA and KK. Sucks that it happens when you have QQ, but hey, drop those ladies like they're hot!

pokerscab1
03-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Funny thing is I mucked them on UB 3 times and was right all three times. I mucked them once on Party Poker, one guy had A 10s
other guy had 55.
They sure liked their hands.
(5 on the turn made me thankful tho.) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kagame
03-29-2005, 04:54 AM
im not folding QQ in a tournament late stages ever again

PoBoy321
03-29-2005, 05:07 AM
This looks like a fine fold to me. Given then UTG is definitely not doing this with JJ or worse, you're at best 50-50 against AK, and even then, I wouldn't want to put my tourney life on the line with a decent chip stack when you're at best a coinflip.

VBM
03-29-2005, 12:11 PM
when the limper pushes into a raiser & a re-raiser, i think you can feel good about it.

add to that, that the original raiser calls the push and now you have what's likely to be a 2-outer vs. at least 1, maybe 2 premium hands, i think it's a good fold.

oaktoon
03-29-2005, 12:29 PM
To quote TJ Cloutier: "99% of the time the reraise is raised, it's pocket aces"

At that stage of a tourney, you did the right thing.

locutus2002
03-29-2005, 01:04 PM
I think you can muck KK here.

MrX
03-29-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To quote TJ Cloutier: "99% of the time the reraise is raised, it's pocket aces"

At that stage of a tourney, you did the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ never played on Party Poker did he.

I still think he probably did the right thing.

six_4off
03-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Congrats on 1 hell of a lay down. That is one of my my most despised moves in all of NL holdem. The limp/raise. Looking at the magnitude of the raise and the caller, I surely wouldnt feel good about playing the q's. And maybe I would fold feeling that I had the best hand, but not wanting to gamble w/ say a/k which looks like the guty to your right might very well have.As for the limp raiser, hes quite lucky that there were raises in the pot instead of 3 or 4 callers and a triple suited flop or something. Thats why its so hard to tell what he has. It's easy to think aces but why would there be no protection of that kinda hand, especially under the gun. When you limp w/ the intention of raising the pot you are really gambling which is what makes it such a b/s move. usually fold when it happens but q's i just dunno. Either way great read laying those down. You saw through everything and played good accorging to skalansky's fundamental theory.

Good playin

six four

Toopskees
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Easy fold. Why risk it at that stage?