PDA

View Full Version : In a slump

TStokes
03-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Lately I have had a rough go in party SNGs. I started out with just the minimum 50 dollar deposit and turned that into 300 playing 5+1 and some 10+1 but then about two weeks ago I went cold. I lost all of my 300 and made another deposit of 50 but have almost lost all of that as well. My last 30 5+1 tournies I have only placed in the money three times with two seconds and one first. In my last 20 10+1 tournies I have only placed in the money three times as well with one third and two seconds. I feel like I have been playing the same way I was in the beginning, but i am coming to think that maybe the way I was playing was not really the best and was just lucky. If anyone could offer me some advice I would appreciate it.

Scuba Chuck
03-29-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i am coming to think that maybe the way I was playing was not really the best and was just lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realizing this fact is the most important issue to address. Beyond that, post HHs here. And then ask questions, and then post some more HHs. Ask more questions.

Scuba

ZebraAss
03-29-2005, 02:43 AM
I know its some times hard to search for past posts about these topics, but they are out there. Bad streaks happen but the odds are that you have a lot of learning to do, just like the rest of us.

-Read the forum
-Play every hand like it was your last
-Post hands
-Read the forum some more

-Zebra

TStokes
03-29-2005, 02:49 AM
I always hear that I should post HH, but I have always been a little confused about this. Should I post histories of the whole tournament or should I just post hands that I am not sure how to play. Also if anyone could tell me the procedure to post hand histories I would appreciate it.

Apathy
03-29-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You unintentionally give really bad advice with this comment, I know what you meant though so I'm just making sure noone takes this comment too far.

Irieguy
03-29-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You unintentionally give really bad advice with this comment, I know what you meant though so I'm just making sure noone takes this comment too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means go all-in, right? I sure as hell wouldn't fold the last hand of poker that I ever played.

Irieguy

BradleyT
03-29-2005, 02:57 AM
When the tournament is over and party asks if you want a summary, click YES. You'll then get an e-mail with every hand in it.

Find a hand you have questions on and cut and paste it into BisonBison's (a poster from SS limit forum) Converter HERE (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi).

The Yugoslavian
03-29-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It means go all-in, right? I sure as hell wouldn't fold the last hand of poker that I ever played.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

You *gotta* at least go down with a fight!

Yugoslav

Mr_J
03-29-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't think Zebra meant that literally, but maybe meant giving it a hell of a lotta thought??