PDA

View Full Version : Thirddan vs. Moozh...lines against 2+2er...

thirddan
03-29-2005, 02:09 AM
from this weekend at the mirage...

6/12 with moozh and runa, but not sure if runa was at table yet...we are joking and having a good time, table is swinging between loose/passive and tight/passive...

Moozh is UTGish, I am to his left and act directly after him...

Moozh open-raises, I 3bet with KK, all others fold and we are heads up...

Flop: A K x
Moozh bets, I call...

Turn: y
Moozh bets, I raise, Moozh folds...

standard?

Same hand but I have AQ...
what is the most optimal line now, assuming preflop is the same?
moozh and I were talking and i don't know if we came to a consensus...What you think?

runa
03-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Hehe...I wasn't there yet, but I like your line, mostly because you totally owned him on this hand. (Moozh = fish) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I might actually pop it 1 time on the flop since I fully expect him to 3-bet me here, and then wait for the river to pop it again.

AQ...now that would be a toughie.

BigEndian
03-29-2005, 02:53 PM
You could also call down I suppose as it would look like you have TT/JJ/QQ and then pop the end.

Btw, did you sit with a white boy wearing a blue Sam Adams hat who was getting his ass kicked?

- Jim

thirddan
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
"Btw, did you sit with a white boy wearing a blue Sam Adams hat who was getting his ass kicked?"

its very possible...i played 3/6 all day friday and 6/12 all day saturday, im the guy with the buzzed head beard and slipknot sweatshirt that never shuts up...i assume that this person was you?

BigEndian
03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
That was me, but I would remember you I'm sure if you talk a lot. I was there until about 2pm on Saturday finishing up a long session. We need a pledge pin or something so we can pick each other out. Maybe stack our chips in a plus-sign pattern.

- Jim

thirddan
03-29-2005, 03:41 PM
me and runa and moozh were still waiting for seats at 2 so we probably missed each other...the 6/12 list wasn't moving at all for about 2 hours, then it seemed everyone had moved on and there was practically no list for the rest of the night...perhaps next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Moozh
03-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Damn, you beat me to it. I personally think the hand is more interesting from my perspective... but what do I know? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also, we were definitely in mid position, not early. Let it be known that I had A9s and was going for a semi-steal. How do you like things from my point of view?

thirddan
03-29-2005, 04:15 PM
your point of view is interesting as well...

the standard line would be check/call check/call bet, but i know that and you know that i know that, so im gonna raise you on the river a lot of the time and if you can fold then i think that line may be best...however, i know that you weren't raising light (i don't consider A9s to be light given conditions and the fact that i raised it UTG numerous times), so my 3bet is legit, at least AQ or better, perhaps 99/TT...i don't think that i will bet the turn with any hand that you beat since there are, if i have 99/TT there are almost no hands that i beat so i would probably check behind the turn and decide to call depending on the river...

hmmm, it sucks being out of position /images/graemlins/smile.gif