PDA

View Full Version : All In On A Draw, the right play?

avalanche201
03-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Now dont get me wrong most of the time i hate it to, you went all in on a draw are you a bleeping idiot? Well i was wondering however in this case was this correct.

I was in a live tournament, and we are down to the final three. I am the short stack (with about 900 in chips). The other two have 4500 and 2800. The BB at this point is 100 bucks, i am in the blind and get Qd5d. The other two at this point limped in and i checked making the pot 300 dollars.

The flop comes out Jd 9c 10d

I checked hoping for a free card, the chip leader bets out for 200 (into the 300 pot), and the other person folds. Up to me i have an open-ended strait and flush draw, thus giving me 17 outs (the 9 remaining diamonds, and an 8 or K). I doubted the Q would be an out as it would possible put out a strait to a hand like K10 or Kj or something of the sort.

So at this point my odds to hit the cards are 17:29 (46-17)
or 1:1.7

Obviously i have pot odds to call, but being short stacked (if i call costs me 200, leaving me with 600 left) and most certianly the rest of the cards comming are bound to be more expensive. So instead i go all, seing this as probably my best opportunity to double up. I figured if the bet was a play to steal the pot i take down the 500 already in the pot.

So was this the right play? At this point i essentially have the pot odds to call the rest of my money but should have i pushed like that?

** What actually happend was she called me and had Q10, thus had middle pair and the same open-ender that i had, thus decreasing my chances to take the pot The next card was a blank and the river was a Q giving her two pair ** Me out

avalanche201
03-29-2005, 03:01 AM
Just came to me i actually had 15 outs duh!!! The K and 8 or diamonds cant be counted twice so 15:31 or about 1:2 DUHHHH!!

Dariel86
03-29-2005, 04:59 AM
You just wrote it down and came up with the answer. How easy was that? /images/graemlins/cool.gif