PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 NFL

TAFKAn
10-16-2002, 01:06 PM
I'm going to do something a little different this week.

I'm only betting money line dogs.

Dallas +135 at Arizona
I know. I said never bet on a game involving Arizona. But since the odds are 50/50 that Arizona will choke, this is a value bet here. How many times are you going to find a situation where Arizona is a favorite?

Minnesota +135 at NYJ
I will continue to bet against the Jets. Plus Minnesota has better rush offense, better pass offense, better rush defense, better pass defense. Plus Minnesota has an athletic veteran QB Culpepper who has had some great games lately, and NYJ have rookie Pennington starting his second game ever.

Detroit +135 vs. Chicago
My heart loves betting against Chicago because the NFL's luckiest streak must come to an end eventually. And it appears to be happening. I think Detroit is ready to win this game and Chicago is reeling from the effects of injuries and realizing Jim Miller is nothing special. Detroit returns home to stick it to a division rival at last.

And for my special of the week:
Houston +300 at Cleveland
Good chance to win here. Houston D could dominate this game and keep it close enough for a miracle 4th quarter win. Cleveland melt-down could become complete this week. If Holcomb were playing, I'd skip it but vs. Couch, anything can happen. I figure the chances are better than 3-1 for a Houston win here.

Good luck this week to everyone.

Clarkmeister
10-16-2002, 01:18 PM
I really like the Houston play. Cleveland is a shambles right now.

10-16-2002, 02:03 PM
Bet the house against the Jets. The Vikes are readdy to just stomp them.

10-16-2002, 04:01 PM
I couldn't disagree more. If there is one team in this league that has no heart its the Vikings. The Jets played much better two weeks ago against the Chiefs and are coming off of a bye. The Jets might not be good, but they do care. The Vikes play the most uninspiring football in the league and for them to go to NY and play outdoors in what might be not a dome like weather setting, spells disaster. If the Vikes get down they wont get up again this week. NYJ 31-16 (By the way I hate the Jets and have bet against them in every game this yr). Dave

10-16-2002, 04:11 PM
The Vikes have lost 12 consecutive road games, I believe.

TAFKAn
10-16-2002, 05:09 PM
My take on Minnesota is that the half-time at Seattle was the low point of their season. They came back out of there and totally dominated the second half. Then last week they go down 14-0 on a couple mistakes and come back to win by a touchdown. This is an "intangibles" bet but I really feel that their season is in turn-around and they are more focused and playing better. They actually have started to rally around adversity. And Dante Culpepper has played some incredible football since the Seattle half time.

In the last six quarters they've given up less than 100 yards on the ground. Curtis Martin has had ONE decent game and that was vs. the worst defense in the league. Minnesota is actually a very decent rushing defense right now. They have a terrible pass defense but I think I'll go with Culpepper-Moss over Pennington-Moss.

If it boils down to a shoot-out, that's fine with me as +135 looks good in a shoot out. If they can get ahead I think they stand an excellent chance of winning because they can win the ball-control game with their superior ground game. Jets rushing d has been simply terrible. Dead last in the league.

Believe it or not, I feel that Minnesota is confident going into this game and the Jets are not. The Jets are still looking for a reason and a way to win, and hoping something will happen. The Vikes are breathing fire right now.

I certainly would not recommend betting on the Jets to cover on Sunday. Best of luck whatever you do.

10-18-2002, 01:11 PM
I couldn't have said this any better. The vikes have turned it around. They have potential to be 500 yet Micheal Bennet has arrived in addition tt Culp and Randy.

Clarkmeister
10-18-2002, 02:07 PM
.500 is a pipe dream for this team. Lets not forget that they haven't won a road game in over a year.

And I think you guys are putting a bit too much stock in a meaningless second half vs Seattle who had a million point lead, and a home game vs a pretty poor Lions team.

I don't really have an opinion on this game with the Jets, but I do think you guys are getting a bit carried away with your praise of the Vikes.

10-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Wait and seee, wait and see. You'll regret tommorrow not taking advantage of this. I'm sorry to share information with someone who's not bright to take advantage of it.

10-21-2002, 10:00 AM
You still there Jerry?