PDA

View Full Version : Stars $22+R Hand - call allin with AK here?

Mad Genius1
03-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Stars $22+R Tournament. Blinds are 100/200, avg stack about 11K. I have 10200, villian has 9200 to start the hand. On the button, I get AKs. Folded to MP who opens for 600. I re-raise to 2000. Folded back to villian who pushes. 7200 more to call, 11500 in the pot. If I call and lose, I'm down to 1000. If I win, I'm in great shape to get ITM.

Read on villian: I've been at the table for less than two orbits, but I've already seen him raise 2-3 times and call a raise as well. He definately seemed on the laggy side. So do I call here? And was I wrong to re-raise to 2000?

Results to come later.

ononimo
03-29-2005, 12:50 AM
you've got a very small sample size on the villain (he really could have had legitimate raising hands and you didn't mention if he showed any hands) but given your read that he's overly LAG, I would think the initial raise is appropriate.

calling his all-in depends on whether you feel like gambling at this point - you'd still be in decent shape with 8,000 (if you folded). if you DO feel like gambling, AKs is a good hand to gamble with, IMHO.

MLG
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
don't reraise if you wont call the push.

billyjex
03-29-2005, 01:03 AM
I call here, hoping I don't see AA or KK.

But I'd expect another AK/QQ/JJ alot as well.

Mad Genius1
03-29-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't reraise if you wont call the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

MLG - I understand your point, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting him to push AT ALL. He was in LMP and it just seemed like a typical steal from LP. I was pretty sure he was gona fold to my re-raise since I had folded for the first two orbits at the table and he has to think I have a real hand. If he called, I wasn't gonna be in terribly bad shape either. I was just really caught off-guard when he pushed.

Would you re-raise in this particular situation? Or smooth-call hoping to hit a good flop, since you'lve got position on him? I see merits to both plays and am not sure which one is better.