PDA

View Full Version : QQ on the flop. What to do?

JKDStudent
03-28-2005, 11:06 PM
I feel that my single biggest leak is going too far with second-best hands. Therefore, I offer this hand to you. Stats on villain 11.5/3.85/5 after 52 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero...

bsqswim182
03-28-2005, 11:10 PM
gotta call, maybe raise, you have a back door flush draw with hearts and the second best kicker (for the flush) in the hole.....you have to at least call i think

KaiShin
03-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Villain is very tight preflop but aggressive postflop. Its likely you're behind here, but its not a given. I wouldn't mind a raise here if you're committed to showing down this hand. If Villain has only shown down premium hands, then I'd call and fold the turn UI.

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 11:19 PM
I might raise here, call a 3-bet, and;

1) Fold if I'm bet into here with no improvement. He's tight and aggressive, I don't think we're strong enough to call down.

2) If we pick up a /images/graemlins/heart.gif, call the turn, fold the river UI.

3) If we pick up a queen, pop him back.

Thats my favourite line.

NAU_Player
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats my favourite line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here

btspider
03-28-2005, 11:33 PM
the guy either has 3 outs (4.5 ish at best w/ the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif) or we're crushed.

call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.

against some you can call down, raising if you improve.
against some you can call the flop and turn and fold to the 3rd bullet.

mlb3zr
03-28-2005, 11:40 PM
call and fold the turn UI. yes, villain is aggressive postflop but considering his preflop numbers this can make sense. he's only raising w. the very best, AA, KK, AK, QQ, probably JJ. So you're ahead of one, split w. one, and behind three. I may have just talked myself into thinking a fold is okay here too, although you do have the backdoor flush draw.

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Remember people, he didn't cap.

Betting into us doesn't signal to me that he has the best hand, JJ, TT, AQ all would probably do the same. Raising might also get us a cheap showdown.

JKDStudent
03-29-2005, 03:38 AM
I opted to fold here. AA and KK were out of the question, since he didn't cap. But he did bet into me after I raised him pre-flop. I figured the most likely hand for him to have was AKo. At the time, 95% sure. (I only saw him show down three hands, which he won. The only one he raised with was AKo. The other two were 33 and 44) If that was the case, I didn't feel that going for the third queen or the backdoor flush was really worth investing in heads up.

In retrospect, though, I'm liking the raise on the flop.