PDA

View Full Version : 3 consecutive hands

suited_ace
03-28-2005, 10:58 PM
First hand of a $10 SnG.

Stacks start at 1500, blinds at 10/20. I get AK in MP2. UTG & MP1 call, I raise to 100. Only the limpers call. Board comes 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG checks, MP1 goes all-in, everyone folds.

Second hand: I get JJ in MP1. Folded to me, I raise it to 80. Villain in MP3 re-raises to 350. BB calls and I call (looking for a set or a very favorable board). Board comes 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB and I check, Villain goes all-in, we both fold.

Third hand: I get 99 UTG+1. UTG calls. Hero?

(there's still a second part to this hand)

lorinda
03-28-2005, 10:59 PM
If you don't call and flop a set then you need to practise hitting flops.

Lori

TheUsher
03-28-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I still need to practice my technique of rivering quads. I've played tons of hands and I haven't been able to do this properly. !!!

holeplug
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I still need to practice my technique of rivering quads. I've played tons of hands and I haven't been able to do this properly. !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've starting trying out my royal flush flopping technique. Theres a book due out next month.

lastchance
03-29-2005, 12:01 AM
limps behind.

suited_ace
03-29-2005, 02:03 AM
Ditto. I called and Villain puts a $700 raise. Folded to UTG, who goes all-in.

Here's my thought process: this was the first hand UTG was playing, so his call didn't mean much to Villain. I had been involved in every single pot since the start, so he probably thinks I'm a maniac and decided to play sheriff. I thought the range of hands for Villain was JJ-TT, 88-55, AKs-ATs, KQs, AKo-AJo.

Just as my focus was in putting Villain in a range of hands, UTG goes all-in. At first I thought ACES, KINGS! BLOODY HELL, I'M BEAT! I calmed down and thought it through again, and actually thought that AA or KK where an improbable holding, and so was any other high pair because he would most probably called with those hands. I thought his range was something like AKs-ATs, KQs, AKo-AQo, maybe some mid-pair, but most probably something like AJs...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but against those ranges I'm a slight favorite over them, but I still should have less than 50% equity against both of them, right? At the time I thought I still had more chances than them, and there was still a chance that Villain could lay his hand down. I called all-in, Villain called as well. UTG had AKs, Villain had 77. I ended up winning the hand.

This hand really got me thinking if that's a play that I should have done so early in a SnG. It's a 3-way coin flip with me as a slight favorite in the 3rd hand of the tournament. Should I take this slight edge in this spot? Was my play good? Somehow I feel that the answer to this question is no, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Apathy
03-29-2005, 02:46 AM
If the hands were face up this isnt a *slight* edge, its a huge one and noone should ever turn that down NOONE.

That being said the hands were not face up and you got really lucky to not be dominated imo.

suited_ace
03-29-2005, 10:07 AM
What if you magically knew that you had 40% and each one of your opponents had 30% chance of winning the hand? Would you take it or you'd be considering yourself a dog in the hand?