PDA

View Full Version : Momma Said Knock You Out

rory
03-28-2005, 10:50 PM
6 handed-- it was 3 handed with UTG and the BB and me, but a bunch of players just sat down an orbit ago so minimal reads on them. UTG seems like a reasonable player, fairly tight, haven't seen him get out of line yet and is doing a little table coaching BB is a little loose-aggro preflop but behaves postflop, everyone else are mostly blanks, nothing has stood out.

UTG raises, 2 cold callers, I cold call on the button with 55, SB calls, BB 3 bets, UTG caps, all call. 6 to the flop for four bets.

Flop is TJ4, rainbow. BB checks, UTG bets, 2 callers (one almost all in), I call, BB calls. Turn is a J, UTG checks, caller checks, almost all in guy bets leaving him with 1/3 of a BB left and I raise.

Danenania
03-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Gorgeous.

sublime
03-28-2005, 11:07 PM
i like rory. pot is huge (like bigger than my ego) and the short stack gave you some momentum, might as well stab at it. very nice. i am glad your balls grew back after that accident in the lab.

DrGutshot
03-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I think I play it the same.

-DrG

Chris Daddy Cool
03-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Can't
See
It
Played
Any
Differently.

Schneids
03-29-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am glad your balls grew back after that accident in the lab.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna hear more about this.

helpmeout
03-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Chip spewing.

Why would an allin guy try to bluff against 5 players? Its different if it was HU but with so many players its highly unlikely.

If by a miracle you are ahead you arent going to have AK fold here nor other gutshot combinations in this big pot.

If the table is loose enough to see the flop for 4 bets they are loose enough to call a turn raise in a monster pot.

WackityWhiz
03-29-2005, 10:43 AM
but, you want AK and all the gutshots to call here... you are ahead (pending the all in guy). If by chance you are beat, then so be it. It was worth a shot. It's a perfect opportunity to isolate a headsup showdown between you and the all in guy.

From my experience, mr All In could have 8 high lol, some of the play on party is so mysterious.

MAxx
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MAxx
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but, you want AK and all the gutshots to call here...

[/ QUOTE ]

um I dont want 6 or 4 outers calling on the turn... why would you?

edit...oh.... you may mean you want them to call your double bet without proper odds. still, AK would have propper odds with a 6 outer. 4outer doesnt really exist, as a gutshot would have overcards as well. you dont want anyone calling anything.

Gazza
03-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Easy raise considering how nobody else is really going for the pot.
And of course it is good to knock out hands like AK which have 10 outs on you not 6. In fact AK or AQ would be making serious errors folding here. Raising may also knock out hands such as 66 or 77 which would be a massive plus if you are ahead of the others. Even scared T's may be persuaded to laydown here, who knows? There is no way that raising here is chip spewing.

rory
03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Anyway, it worked just as planned: Everyone folded and the all-in guy called all in. And then flipped up two sixes..... damn. Close.

arkady
03-29-2005, 02:57 PM
I 2nd that request.

helpmeout
03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
From my experience guys dont go all in against a big field unless they have something. Those tools who do it with 8 high do it against 1-2 players.

You dont want hands like AK to call because they have 13 outs. Any gutshot here has 13 outs against you.