PDA

View Full Version : another TT hand

mr pink
03-28-2005, 10:29 PM
2nd hand at the table, no reads...

1 early position limper, folded to me in the hijack, i raise with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif, villain 3-bets in the CO, folded to the limper who calls, i call.

3 to the flop for 10.5 sbs

flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checked to me, i bet, villain raises, limper folds, i 3-bet, villain calls.

turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 players - 8ish bbs

i bet, villain calls.

river: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 players - 10ish bbs

i check/fold.

sthief09
03-28-2005, 10:32 PM
I think you're insane. flop 3-bet no good and turn bet no good.

mr pink
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
i thought i was ahead on the flop, i put villain on either AK or another underpair like JJ. when the ace hit the turn, i thought it was my only chance to get JJ to fold.

should have just called the flop raise, check/fold the turn?

Chris Dow
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah this is just getting tilty. I think you need to start considering giving some credit to these people when they are 3 betting you. You tend to disbelieve them by default and therefore you take a weird (read: bad) flop line. That is what I was trying to say, if you're going to take bad flop and turn lines like this you should just forget about playing the hand if you have TT and it's 2 more to you preflop. (I know that isn't the case here preflop)

mr pink
03-28-2005, 10:44 PM
well i can't check/fold every time i get a flop that i don't feel 100% ok with playing. what line would you have taken here, i'll admit that mine here was pretty bad. which is why i posted it.

Chris Dow
03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Check/fold if limper calls a bet from 3 bettor. Check/raise otherwise. If I cr and get called and that ace pops I'm gonna hate it but give up. Otherwise I will bet the turn into him and go from there but I'd obviously be rooting big time for the turn fold.

sthief09
03-28-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought i was ahead on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

how? what has he done to say that he doesn't have JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AQ, and that he does have AK

[ QUOTE ]
i put villain on either AK or another underpair like JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? he coould still have a scared KK sometimes or AQ if he raises with that preflop

[ QUOTE ]
when the ace hit the turn, i thought it was my only chance to get JJ to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this is that every other hand he could have now beats you, and he won't always fold JJ. if he has JJ 1/8 of the time and he'll fold it half the time, you need 16-1 on your bet to get him to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I think so

mr pink
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
yeah i need to take a break, i've been a freakin LAG in these spots lately.

PokerBob
03-29-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand at the table, no reads...

1 early position limper, folded to me in the hijack, i raise with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif, villain 3-bets in the CO, folded to the limper who calls, i call.

3 to the flop for 10.5 sbs

flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checked to me, i bet, villain raises, limper folds, i 3-bet, villain calls.

turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 players - 8ish bbs

i bet, villain calls.

river: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 players - 10ish bbs

i check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he 3-betting pf with that you are ahead of? OK, maybe AK. Now the turn hits. Do you really think YHIG? Check/fold the turn.

PokerBob
03-29-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought i was ahead on the flop, i put villain on either AK or another underpair like JJ. when the ace hit the turn, i thought it was my only chance to get JJ to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you convince yourself he has EXACTLY JJ? That is simply wishful (and expensive)thinking IMO.

mr pink
03-29-2005, 12:35 AM
i know i know i know... i need to hear it.

Chris Dow
03-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Don't bash too hard, it's pretty easy to fall into that trap of put the player on the hand you can beat/bluff out. Just realize that's what you're doing and get as far away from it as possible which is what the poster suggested he should do.

PokerBob
03-29-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well i can't check/fold every time i get a flop that i don't feel 100% ok with playing. what line would you have taken here, i'll admit that mine here was pretty bad. which is why i posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the flop 3-bet if you think you can get him off AK or JJ, but in this case you have no read. When the A hits the turn, open muck.

PokerBob
03-29-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bash too hard, it's pretty easy to fall into that trap of put the player on the hand you can beat/bluff out. Just realize that's what you're doing and get as far away from it as possible which is what the poster suggested he should do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Mr. Pink needs to be bashed, and he knows it. Ultimately, it will save him $$$. Pink, you suck. Don't ever do that again. Go to your room.

mr pink
03-29-2005, 12:38 AM
i don't mind the bashing. i played this hand like a [censored] nimrod, i deserver it. i'm hear to learn from mistakes, not repeat them.

CallMeIshmael
03-29-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When the A hits the turn, open muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig it. I think this play is under used.

mr pink
03-29-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pink, you suck. Don't ever do that again. Go to your room.

[/ QUOTE ]

i deserve it /images/graemlins/frown.gif