PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade or Water?

istewart
03-28-2005, 10:20 PM

KidPokerX
03-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Gatorade has electrolites, but it's still just factory flavored tap water.
I pick water.

Lazymeatball
03-28-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick water.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Gatorade is just factory improved water, how is water better than it, considering that gatorade is water?

Voltron87
03-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Most people overdrink Gatorade. If you play soccer/tennis/run for 45 minutes, you don't need a whole bottle of the stuff. More like 1/3 of a litre.

Gatorade+ Vodka+ OJ = awesome. Good drink for the 16-22 crowd.

PokerFink
03-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Propel, the "gatorade water" is pretty good. Just throwing that out there for anyone who hasn't tried it.

MEbenhoe
03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
gatorade isn't meant to be drank on a regular basis, its meant only to be drank during periods of heavy exercise or athletic competition. On the other hand you should be drinking quite a bit of water, and replacing your normal drinks with water is one of the easiest ways to lose a couple pounds that most people will never realize.

Uglyowl
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
All I can think of now is the Waterboy..

Water sucks, it really really sucks.

KidPokerX
03-28-2005, 10:38 PM
no chemicals, no sugar, no food coloring.

Water is not artifically processed.

The human body prefers straight water, rather than filtering the crap out of gatorade to get its water.

Voltron87
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The human body prefers straight water, rather than filtering the crap out of gatorade to get its water.

[/ QUOTE ]

...the human body prefers it?

TimTimSalabim
03-28-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people overdrink Gatorade. If you play soccer/tennis/run for 45 minutes, you don't need a whole bottle of the stuff. More like 1/3 of a litre.

Gatorade+ Vodka+ OJ = awesome. Good drink for the 16-22 crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

The juxtaposition of these two paragraphs is hilarious.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mine does.

hunterking
03-28-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, mine too

mine does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I pick water.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Gatorade is just factory improved water, how is water better than it, considering that gatorade is water?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the diet of a good athlete, water should be sufice to re-hydrate you. you should not need gatorade.

hunterking
03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, mine too

mine does.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oops

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
03-28-2005, 11:05 PM
you know there is an edit function...

miajag81
03-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Gatorade is the best hangover cure ever. Can't say that about water.

hunterking
03-28-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know there is an edit function...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, thanks...just saw that

hunterking
03-28-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gatorade is the best hangover cure ever. Can't say that about water.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're confusing gatorade with a bloody mary!

david050173
03-28-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I pick water.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the diet of a good athlete, water should be sufice to re-hydrate you. you should not need gatorade.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are exceptions. If you are a hard core endurance athelete (events running 3+ hours) you might need to something better than water. You can die if you mess up your electoryltes enough. Drinking it striaght up for rehydration on the other hand is a lot of empty calories.

i wanna be me
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
The electrolytes within Gatorade/Powerade/etc. are only useful for athletes performing endurance activities longer than 2 hours (marathon/triathlon/Tour De France). Non-endurance activities (pretty much anything else) do not deplete electrolytes within the body at a rapid enough pace to require replension during the activity. However, Gatorade/Powerade DO contain ingredients like salt, which prevents cramping. Other than that, sports drinks are pretty much glorified Kool-Aid. "Oh Yeah!"

TheIrishThug
03-28-2005, 11:54 PM
water while playing, gatorade after

i also don't understand how gatorade is getting away with propel. for years they have been saying "we r better than water" and then they go and make water, wtf

sublime
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Propel, the "gatorade water" is pretty good. Just throwing that out there for anyone who hasn't tried it.

i agree. vitamin water is even better.

hunterking
03-29-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i agree. vitamin water is even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer caffeine/nicotine water

emonrad87
03-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Gatorade tastes better. As such, I'm more likely to actually drink it when im not thirsty, which actually keeps me from getting dehydrated. Cuz once you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Thus, it does a better job.

Of course that's just my opinion on tastes. Not to mention I'm underweight, so empty calories don't bother me.

PoBoy321
03-29-2005, 01:55 AM
Water sucks, Gatorade is better.

Shajen
03-29-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gatorade sucks, water is life in a bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

beerbandit
03-29-2005, 09:55 AM
daily - water

sat/sun morning - gatorade

PokerFink
03-29-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
replacing your normal drinks with water is one of the easiest ways to lose a couple pounds that most people will never realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. Actually, if you hate water, just replacing soda with gatorade is a good way to drop empty calories too. Gatorade has less than half the calories of soda, and propel has even less.