PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB Hand Analysis, not for faint of heart

PktAcesSoWht
03-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I think that I played this right, but since this hand made it five in a row today for bust outs I am looking for any different views. Was there anything wrong with how I played this?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP (t1730)</font>
Button (t925)
<font color="#C00000">SB (t4870)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t3150)</font>
UTG (t2825)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t150, MP calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, UTG calls t300, MP calls t300, SB calls t300.

Flop: (t1800) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2700 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds, MP calls t1280 (All-In), SB thinks for a long time and calls t2700.

Turn: (t8480) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t8480) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t8480

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Kd 9d (one pair, nines).
SB has Qc Ac (flush, ace high).
Hero has Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins t8480. </font>

nWirb
03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Why not make a post with the title "PktAcesSoWht's bad beats of the day, since everyone is so interested" an keep updating that post instead of cluttering the board with them?

I'll go dance the interest dance now (&gt;'-')&gt; ^('-')^ &lt;('-'&lt;)

adanthar
03-28-2005, 10:05 PM
No, overbetting the pot all in is not a good play, but this is a bad beat post so I won't bother.

willperkins
03-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Preflop:

The only thing I would have done differently was to raise more preflop. I would have raised 3 X bb + the two limpers (t750). I have not looked at the results of the hand, so it may not have made any difference anyway.

Flop:

With two /images/graemlins/club.gifs and a possbile str8 draw on the flop, I would want to bet about t1500 into a t1800 pot. Since t1500 was more than 40% of my stack, I too would have pushed.

If I lost, oh well! Go for the win, settle for 3rd, in this case 4th. There will be another SNG starting in just an minute.

Voltron87
03-28-2005, 10:18 PM
If you 4 table SNGs for any length of time, you will see tons of bad beats. They are a fact of life. Just plow on, the math is the math and you can't do anything about it. SNGS typically involve a bunch of races and showdowns, so get used to seeing AK lose to A8, etc. It has to happen.

Just keep playing the cards right and have faith in the math. AA doesn't always beat KK. Deal with it.

JuicePGA
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
You definitely need to raise more before the flop with that. Other than that, you played it right as far as moving in on the flop. The problem is that there are just way to many bad players online that will chase the flush every time. Oh well.

PktAcesSoWht
03-29-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks for the advice about more preflop raise. I will file it away and use it at the approrpiate time.

As to you Nwirb, this is a question about a hand and playing it. Not about a bad beat. I wouldn't consider it a bad beat per se in my book, unfortunate yes, but I posted it to see if there was a better way to play this hand. sorry if you are bored, and also I didn't know there was a maximum number of posts to be made in a day, but oh, well, and as far as clutter is concerned, you are joking right?

Take a good look at this board on any given day and you will see all kinds of posts that you probably consider, so I would suggest not reading this board. Have a nice day /images/graemlins/tongue.gif