PDA

View Full Version : What you gon do now (or earlier)?

illunious
03-28-2005, 09:12 PM
UTG+1: 26 VPIP, 18 PFR, 1/1/2 AF (38 hands)
Button: 41 VPIP, 8 PFR, 2/3/4 AF (58 hands)
BB: 50 VPIP, 0 PFR, 0/.3/1 AF (12 hands)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>

KaiShin
03-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Call.

Anyone lead the river here?

btspider
03-28-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call.

Anyone lead the river here?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you folding to a raise?

anyone fold PF here? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

18 PFR over 38 hands isn't gonzo just yet.. did you see any of these hands shown down?

illunious
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you see any of these hands shown down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't paying attention to the mucked cards at the time, nothing abnormal seemed to be happening.

Do you think check-calling the flop and turn is too fancy?

KaiShin
03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't fold KJs, UTG+1's numbers might not be gonzo but they are pointing to looser than normal.

Good point about calling the raise on the river. I think the check/call line is best here. Look him up and take a note for next time.

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

anyone fold PF here? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, only because we're out of position for the rest of the hand.

If the cold caller was in CO and I was on the button, I'd consider a call.

bozlax
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Anybody else going to C/R the turn? It strengthens some draws, you're to the expensive streets, now, yada-yada. And, since you've got top pair with a kicker above the 2nd board card, shouldn't you find a raise in here, somewhere?

Of course, I'm not really sure what I'd do if 3-bet. Probably call down. If called on the turn, I'd suit up for war when the relative blank falls on the river.

Duerig
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
I think I would check raise this flop and lead the turn (unless I was 3bet -- then I would probably check-call down). Is that a terrible mistake?

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Check-raising and getting 3-bet would be disasterous. Check-raising won't get a better hand to fold, won't earn us a free card vs a better hand, and will cost us more chips.

We are far behind a lot of preflop raise hands, and only in front of QQ/JJ.

wabe
03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
If you check-raise the turn and fold to a re-raise, how is that any different than calling a bet on the turn and calling a bet on the river? Buddygirl could be playing AQ for all we know. I guess the only problem here is if he calls the raise. Now you need to bet out on the river, and you might face a raise at this point.

Betting the river would be interesting, but I don't think I could do it. I likely just check/call the river same as you, absent any reads.

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check-raise the turn and fold to a re-raise, how is that any different than calling a bet on the turn and calling a bet on the river? Buddygirl could be playing AQ for all we know. I guess the only problem here is if he calls the raise. Now you need to bet out on the river, and you might face a raise at this point.

Betting the river would be interesting, but I don't think I could do it. I likely just check/call the river same as you, absent any reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss that we have a draw here?

Rev. Good Will
03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
whats wrong with betting flop?