PDA

View Full Version : Crying call or not?

Roy6
03-28-2005, 09:08 PM
This is a 2/4 Euros game at Crypto. To my right sits a true maniac (sees every flop, TA 3+). UTG is an average player, not aggressive.
I'm MP and dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, I raise, maniac 3-bets, 3 folds, UTG calls, I cap

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, I bet, Maniac raises, I 3-bet

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

This round is capped and UTG calls each bet

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

OK, four-to a straight, I'm intending to call maniac's raise

UTG checks, I check, maniac bets, UTG raises, ???

The pot is 25.5 BBs now and I need to call 2 BBs. I need to be ahead here 8% of the time to call the 2 BBs cold, but maniac can enable UTG to cap this round. Maybe UTG has 2 pairs or something and sees I'm scared now and maybe he can knock me out and showdown with maniac who might hold even 25o. Than I suspect he won't cap, but if he's ahead (has a Queen) I think he'll cap 100% of the time. What's my plan?

Danenania
03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
I would have bet the river. The way you played it I don't see how you can call the bets.

Roy6
03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
So you see no way UTG might try to knock me out.
If you bet, and get raised by the maniac (means nothing), and 3-bet by UTG I think it's an easier fold.

WarmonkEd
03-28-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the river. The way you played it I don't see how you can call the bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you in (almost) the same situation? If UTG c/r's regardless of if the maniac reraises or not, you'd have to fold. Or would you call if maniac doesn't raise and UTG raises?