PDA

View Full Version : Not my standard AA line

me454555
03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
This is a line that is entirely table and player dependant and one I've used exactly once in about 30k hands. What do you think.

Mp2 in this hand is an excellent 2+2er. He knows me and I know him so he knows what I know, yada yada yada.

I'm sitting in MP3 w/Black aces

CO is a total lag nutjob. His stats are 80/33 and he has 3 bet me w/hands like QTo.

No read on button as he is new to the table.

MP2 open raises, I smooth call figuring my 3 bet will completly shut out Lag and probobly force MP2 to fold on the flop or turn. My goal in all this is to hope CO will 3 bet so I can cap it trapping MP2 for 2 more bets. Given that he's raised 33% of his hands pf and is no stranger to 3 betting I don't think its too bad a plan.

Well, CO 3 bets, and Button caps

I'm thinking, this is sweet, I've got AA, it got capped pf and I'm extremly well disguised. Mp2 calls, I call, CO calls

Flop KdKhTd (17sb)

MP2 checks, I check hoping to c/r the Maniac and trap the field. Co bets, Button raises, mp2 tosses and I think.

Co could have anything given his hand but button is new and doesn't know that CO is maniac. He capped pf and theres a decent chance he's got a K. Theres also a decent chance CO has a K b/c he will definatly 3 bet w/hands like KQ, KJ, KT, and probobly K9 too. I muck it and pray.

Comments...........mainly on the post flop play.

Catt
03-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I like it. It really sucks when your pre-flop plan worked out so seemingly perfectly and then this flop and action comes, but I gotta believe that there is no chance that you get to showdown cheaply -- you could be pouring bets into all three streets and faced with that prospect and the very real chance that you're behind with the thinnest of draws, I chuck it here. I would probably need to take a break if Button shows down something like QQ or ATs and Maniac shows JTo, but, really, I would also be sick dumping 6 or 8 BBs into this hand when my analysis of the flop indicated a real likelihood of being way behind. Tough spot.

jayrutz2
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
gotta fold...
That flop is about as bad as you can get holding AA, all red to boot! Reality is you are likey drawing to 2 outs, math isn't there...

Little Fishy
03-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I like your play...

a lot.

-little fishy

me454555
03-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I was releived when it got 3 bet and capped on the flop and went a few more on the turn and river. Lag turned of KT for the flopped boat and I was relieved when no ace hit.

I'm still iffy about the flop play but I think it was the right move

dealer_toe
03-28-2005, 11:14 PM
I think its a good fold, and well analyzed. Those are the lay downs I can't make, even if I know I'm drawing slim. Its my horrible misunderstanding of some SSH concepts that make me call. Good play tho IMO.