PDA

View Full Version : Most awkward card in the deck on turn... now what?

RiverTheNuts
03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t715)
MP2 (t1315)
Hero (t710)
CO (t715)
Button (t600)
SB (t1220)
BB (t360)
UTG (t630)
UTG+1 (t895)
UTG+2 (t840)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t180) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t180) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t80</font>, UTG calls t80, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls t80, Button folds, SB calls t50.

River: (t500) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB bets all in for ~250, UTG calls... Hero Folds...

Final Pot: t500

shejk
03-28-2005, 09:05 PM
I would fold preflop. Don't think this hand is worth the gamble on level 2.

If I did call, I would check the flop.

When the jack of diamonds fell, I would call, cause noone is really indicating any real strength, they could very well be one jack and one flush draw for example.

On the river, I would call getting one to four with a quality hand. I do not think that SB will push, as he don't have the flush imo. The BB seems to have a weak made hand, such as AJ or two pairs. I don't know what UTG might have, but I'm not folding this big a pot with the straight here.

Doesn't say which buyin it is, but it must be 30+3 or lower.

But then, I don't know about my popro stats, so maybe this should be ignored.

RiverTheNuts
03-28-2005, 09:10 PM
It was a 10+1... BB had J7 hearts, UTG had QT also... I liked my river fold... if I call best case im chopping and winning like 200, if I lose im down to 350 early and basically crippled

nWirb
03-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Fold this preflop.

Fold on the turn.
Fold on the river.
Fold preflop.

Fold preflop.

shejk
03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
I feel 90% (false percentage of course, but you get my point) sure that noone has the flush in this scenario. Sure I'd fold preflop, but neither the turn nor the river.

nWirb
03-28-2005, 09:51 PM
6 limpers seeing the flop in a 10+1 PP sng.
A minraise and an almost minreraise on the turn.
An all in and call on the river. I'd be pretty scared to go broke here in an unraised pot, why gamble with your tournament life here?
I think it's -$EV to call at the river here.

PktAcesSoWht
03-28-2005, 10:05 PM
I normally would not play this up front, but according to so many posts on here from considered good players, you should try limping with suited connectors early on and just folding if someone shows strength so, I don't think it is a bad play at all limping with this hand.

If I was playing this I would have bet half to 2/3 of the pot on the flop to try and see where I am at, but if for some reason I let it go and checked, I definitely reraise 200 after I make my hand, and see what happened. By calling here I think you set yourself up for a big bet on the river by the BB. I think somewhere along the way you need to find out where you stand. I do not believe that anyone had the flush here either.

No way do I fold this hand on the river. If you lose, that would hurt, but it is early and you are in no way done. That is why it is important to play hands in the right positions. When short stacked it is even more important.

microbet
03-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't think it makes much sense to call the turn. You hit your straight and can't improve. Anyone with one diamond can still get the flush.

If you do call the turn, it has to be with the idea that you are going to play a non-diamond river.

As for the river, everytime I see a situation like this I think well if the better didn't have the flush, the caller HAS to have it. Then, about 65% of the time, I'm proved wrong.