PDA

View Full Version : Why did I fold? Would anyone else?

bleu329
03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Kc Js (two pair, kings and jacks).
UTG+1 has Ad As (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 27 BB. </font>

Can I really fold the best hand here? I thought UTG had higher flush and UTG+1 made kings full on river - does anyone else fold here? How about folding on the turn? or did I play it well until the river? or was it a good river fold? so many questions...on a stupid hand - BTW I was playing on a little tilt and left shortly after this hand..

Barry
03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Well the 1 time that I would have folded this hand is preflop.

I would have also 3 bet the flop.

Fianchetto
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I play it different.

Preflop: I fold. I think it’s a loose call, especially against what looks to be a legitimate raising hand. Yeah, I guess you’re getting 9:1, but I would want more than 4 players to make this call here.

Flop: I would jam it right here. Bet and reraise, you don’t want a high heart drawing cheap, plus most players don’t put you on that hand when you play it fast. Also, when another heart comes, if it doesn’t beat you it can kill your action.

Turn: Okay.

River: I probably lead out and call a raise back. The way you played it puts you in a tough spot, but the pot is big which would make me lean towards a call.

BradL
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
The river was horribly played. By not betting out you put yourself in a spot to consider a fold, which, given the size of a pot, is a horrible fold to make without a rock solid read (i.e. opponent flips his cards up before the action is back to you).

Bet out on the river and call a raise.

Edited to change the word flop to river.

-Brad

Chris Daddy Cool
03-28-2005, 09:37 PM
i won't comment on the river fold because i've made similiar folds like this, but under different circumstances, the main thing being the flop.

there is zero reason to slowplay the flop. jam it right away. yeah you have a flopped flush that's super strong but don't forget that you are also rooting against more hearts to come in case the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif is out there and also in case nobody has a big /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Remember, with flopped flushes, it is almost never correct to slowplay because another hear will kill your action, either because you don't have the nuts anymore or because nobody else has the nuts either.

anyways back to the hand, if the flop AND turn was played this aggressively, then the river fold would be more clear, but as it was, you put yourself in a real difficult position on the river.

mikelow
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
I wonder who makes worse folds, you or me?

Just call the river. I think you should have bet the river, and you should have three-bet the flop also.

Preflop, this is a fold, but since you played it you have to see it through.

IndianOcean
03-28-2005, 10:51 PM

KidPokerX
03-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Pretty simple.

3 bet the flop, take the lead, call down any strong sign of aggression therafter.

surfdoc
03-29-2005, 12:31 AM
I have made some great bad laydowns in my time. I think the best way to approach pots this big (it should have been bigger if you pumped it on the flop) is to think of hands you can beat. AA vs A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK could easily be your opponents hands so you gotta call. Betting is better though if for no other reason it would take you out of the awkward coldcalling situation.