PDA

View Full Version : party vs empire

reddred
03-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I know most players on this site consider Party to be the softest games on the net. Recently, I got a rakeback deal with empire, and was psyched to start playing there to work the rakeback deal, and also, I'm used to the software from party, and just figured I'd transfer my normal winning, low limit and tourny game there. Well, after clearing the bonus, I just got destroyed....you've heard the story before, just a case of 2nd best hand itis, mixed in with bad beats.....my question is, though, is the competition thought to be much tougher at empire than party? Is the average 1/2 player much better there, in your opinion?

Seether
03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Let me let you in on a little secret. They are the same tables, there is no difference in the game.

Onaflag
03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
You are playing against then exact same players on both sites. They are just different entrances into the same poker room.

Onaflag...........

Adde
03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Same ring game players on Party and Empire (and, Multi, Eurobet, Intertops and Pokernow), just different ways to enter.

Adde

BusterStacks
03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Empire is way less swingy.

Adde
03-28-2005, 08:36 PM

nh.

AncientPC
03-28-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Because I was 8-tabling Party and Empire clearing the $200 bonus and did much much better on Party. 40PTBB/100 vs 2PTBB/100.

reddred
03-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Well thats what I figured, about the players for both sites playing both places......maybe it's just a a bad run of cards, or luck. It's just I can consistently beat party 1 and 2, and low limit SnG's, but my experience on Empire has been I can't even win 2 hands back to back....anyway, thanks for the input....

BusterStacks
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Because I was 8-tabling Party and Empire clearing the $200 bonus and did much much better on Party. 40PTBB/100 vs 2PTBB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just variance dude.

SamJack
03-28-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know most players on this site consider Party to be the softest games on the net. Recently, I got a rakeback deal with empire, and was psyched to start playing there to work the rakeback deal, and also, I'm used to the software from party, and just figured I'd transfer my normal winning, low limit and tourny game there. Well, after clearing the bonus, I just got destroyed....you've heard the story before, just a case of 2nd best hand itis, mixed in with bad beats.....my question is, though, is the competition thought to be much tougher at empire than party? Is the average 1/2 player much better there, in your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Empire is soft, you should try Multi. Oh, my GOD...! The players there suck! And the supply of fish? it doesn't even compare to party or empire!!!!!

Good luck.

SamJack

IggyWH
03-28-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for a good laugh... I needed it after a bad day.

stabn
03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I will be nice and let you know that they have the same player pool.

Etric
03-28-2005, 09:14 PM
One is rigged, the other is not.

SackUp
03-28-2005, 09:27 PM
dude, people on empire [censored] hack!

I always played party and did well and then I started playing on empire and started doing all crappy. I figured out why though. People at party are able to play at the same tables as empire people, but empire doesn't pick up the party hacks b/c they are run throug the party software. The party players are way smarter and just take advantage of all the Empire players. Watch out! I wouldn't play at Empire till it figures out how to prevent party hacks on it's tables.

getmoney111
03-29-2005, 01:55 AM
maybe the blue in the empire skin makes you play bad? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

splashpot
03-29-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well thats what I figured, about the players for both sites playing both places......maybe it's just a a bad run of cards, or luck. It's just I can consistently beat party 1 and 2, and low limit SnG's, but my experience on Empire has been I can't even win 2 hands back to back....anyway, thanks for the input....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that all the players play both sites, its the exact same table. For example, when you sit down at a table with Party poker, the other people at that same table could be using Empire, Eurobet, PokerNow, Multipoker, Intertops, or any combination of those.

Reef
03-29-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Empire is soft, you should try Multi. Oh, my GOD...! The players there suck! And the supply of fish? it doesn't even compare to party or empire!!!!!

Good luck.

SamJack

[/ QUOTE ]

meh- intertops surpasses them all!

vilemerchant
03-29-2005, 04:09 AM
You just can't go past empire's blue table. Party table is teh poo!

Brainwalter
03-29-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One is rigged, the other is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought empire was just "less rigged" ????!!!1

wdbaker
03-30-2005, 06:06 AM
ya bunch of crack heads, it's PokerNow that is f'd up... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

SinCityGuy
03-30-2005, 06:14 AM
The dealers are slightly better trained at Empire.

LSUfan1
04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The dealers are slightly better trained at Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]
another nh!

and yet we still won't tip these guys....isn't that just sad. That's why I won't deal to internet players anymore!

sumdumguy
04-06-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the average 1/2 player much better there, in your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire produces numerous single and multi-table Tournament Masters every month. Party awards points for depositing.

You be the judge.

Blarg
04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
They won't let you smoke at the table at Empire, but they will at Party, so it's an easy choice.