PDA

View Full Version : smaller flushdraw?

MoDOH
03-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button is a TAG with 18/6/2 over 1000+ hands his solid and most likely a 2+2:er-

His line here on all streets confused the hell out of me...
I called this river hoping he had a smaller flushdraw than me...

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

jayrutz2
03-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Its an OK call, but I would expect to lose an awful lot. He can easily have a 5 or a 6. If the SB calls, the fold is real easy...

Did you consider firing at the turn, this may have bought you the pot right there against a lot of hands, though not a flush draw...

MoDOH
03-28-2005, 07:38 PM
have you looked at the preflop action and the flop action?

WarmonkEd
03-28-2005, 07:42 PM
You raised PF and he called, though. So what smaller flush draws would he cold call with? JTs? I think it's more likely he has Ax /images/graemlins/heart.gif or some other pocket pair.

edit: oops, not JTs. uh... T9s?

edit2: what I mean is it's unlikely he has a smaller flush draw. He still might have something like KQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. But I dunno if you'd win greater than 1/7.5 times.

Alobar
03-28-2005, 07:51 PM
button calling 2 cold preflop, and 2 cold on the flop, looks like a PP more than anything (and those are pretty horrible stats if he is 2+2 and a HUSH reader).

Him not betting on the turn when checked to is awfully wierd tho, but I hate calling this river without at least Ace high. I prolly fold, I mean what the hell is he gunna have that you beat 1 in 7?

jayrutz2
03-28-2005, 07:55 PM
I agree, but man, I see some STRANGE river bets after turn checks. Example, the other day I had AK high, on a flush coordinated board, turn checked through, I got bet into on the river and I c/r'd him hoping he would fold a little pair or bluff. To my horror, he calls, but then MHIG, he had Q high:)

So I HATE folding any river holding to a checked turn bet esp when the river card seems like a total blank!!!