PDA

View Full Version : Can't handle two screens at once.

zigmaster
03-28-2005, 05:59 PM
I have started playing micro limit poker online with $0.50-$1.00 stakes. I find when I play on just one table I am consistently averaging at about $8-$10/hour. However, whenever I switch to try and play two tables at a time I consistently drop to around $3/hour.

I am a relative novice at the game, especially playing online. Will I double my profits with two screens with practice or is there anything else anyone can suggest that might help we with this problem? Personally I think it's because I find that I have I problem following the betting patterns of previous rounds because I'm concentrating on another game when the bets are happening.

As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating and so I'm very grateful for any and every suggestion.

Also do you reckon there is a significant jump in skill level from $0.25-$0.50 to $0.50-$1 limit poker online or is it roughly then same.

UncleSalty
03-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forums.

I think if you spend some time reading the posts here, you will come to the conclusion that it's highly unlikely that your $8-$10/hour winrate is sustainable. It's very likely that you have simply been getting lucky, and your downturn after adding a table has been a coincidence. (But, it could also indicate that you need more experience.)

Either way, you should familiarize yourself with the FAQ posted at the top of this forum and spend some time reading other people's posts. Analyze your game, try to fix your major leaks, and contribute your opinion to other people's posted hands.

I have only been here for about 3 months and my game has improved 100-fold by simply reading and learning from 2+2. Just remember, you need to learn to crawl before you walk and run. Most people new to online poker assume that they already know how to fly. You have an edge on them by simply being here.

Good luck.

-Salty

Yobz
03-28-2005, 06:11 PM
If your making $8-$10/hr playing .5/1 at one table at a time then you are just running well. The general opinion is that you can play up to 62 hands per hour per table and a long-term sustainable win rate can be as high as $3-$4/100 hands (in .5/1). You should get a program to track how much you are making and other vital statistics. Getting a good sample size (at least 10k hands) is critical before you can even say you are a winning player.
Other than that, I would say that if you cannot keep up with 2 tables then play on one until you feel very comfy with it. Then move up to 2 at a time and see how you feel.

Also, there is not much of a jump between .25/.50 and .5/1 although there is a slight difference in skill.

Yobz
03-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Very well said and some great advice (and slightly faster than me) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dvashun
03-28-2005, 06:16 PM
I completely agree with Salty. I played in the B & M's for about a year before finding this site and trying online play. I have to admit that my play quality has improved by a vast amount just lurking around here and re-reading SSHE and picking up some of the nuances you don't catch as you are learning. Also, the difference in win rate is probably a coincidence. The first night I played online I won 33% of the hands I was dealt. It was ridiculous. The next day probability caught up with me and I gave a good chunk back. Good luck and here's to the flop hitting your PP.