PDA

View Full Version : River check...routine?

arkady
03-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Both villains are very loose in the limited hands I have with them. VPIP over 70.

ISF
03-28-2005, 05:19 PM
I cant see a value bet here.

Rico Suave
03-28-2005, 05:19 PM
arkady:

[ QUOTE ]
River check...routine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, imo.

--Rico

Grisgra
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Hell, I have a tough time betting the turn.

bunky9590
03-28-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I have a tough time betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My turn bet (and I would bet it) would be a close my eyes and click "bet". When called there is no way in Hell I'm betting that river.

arkady
03-28-2005, 06:06 PM
The only reason I bet that turn was to avoid the overwhelmingly annoying sensation I inevitably receive when one of them bets the river.

The reason for this post, is because I think our behavior should differ dramatically when our opponents are extremely loose. Their looseness by nature make it far more likely that their holdings would not contain an overpair. But nobody sees a value bet there, so I assume only better hands call.

arkady
03-28-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
close my eyes and "bet"

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to note, that bunky does that while playing live too.

djoyce003
03-28-2005, 06:32 PM
yeah i can't see you being ahead here that often, and those times that you are I can't see a worse hand calling you. That is a REALLY scary board for someone with a pair of 5's or a pair of 8's or something cheesy. I think this is the classic, "better hands call, worse hands fold" scenario. Hope you won.

Mr. Graff
03-28-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I bet that turn was to avoid the overwhelmingly annoying sensation I inevitably receive when one of them bets the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Show weakness on the turn and you have a valuebet on the river if they check to you + you may pick up a bluff. It is much more likely an 8 will call you on the river than on the turn. Of course you risk getting drawn out on but I don't think your hand is too vulnerable compared to the gain. If you bet on the turn you also risk getting CR on a bluff or semibluff and you can't call it.