PDA

View Full Version : KQs in the BB

NateDog
03-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Villain is 37/6/1.0 through about 30.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

There is a OOP poster in MP that's not showing up.
Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ??

xenthebrain
03-28-2005, 04:18 PM
I would have just called the preflop raise with KQs and called one bet on the flop to see what the turn brings...

KaiShin
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I think the 3-bet is OK given a probable steal attempt by SB.

I'd call the flop, ditch the turn UI.

matix
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the 3-bet is OK given a probable steal attempt by SB.

I'd call the flop, ditch the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

i second this.

FishHooks
03-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I'd just call also, if he was trying to steal from the SB and you were in the BB then i would rereaise it from someone trying to steal your blind.

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Gutshot straight + overcards is enough for me to call this.

Fold the turn UI, or check it through.

Entity
03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Preflop is perfect. Call the flop.

NateDog
03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is perfect. Call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Played out this way.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Eder
03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
If you are going to call the flop bet why not raise instead? Do you think he has a jack? My guess = Ax or small PP...calling flop bet = wasted $$...raising gives you a card free on the turn...I'd rather raise or fold here...

NateDog
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just call also, if he was trying to steal from the SB and you were in the BB then i would rereaise it from someone trying to steal your blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the case here

Rev. Good Will
03-28-2005, 09:44 PM
mmm, I like that idea, perfect spot to use free card raise play on flop.

aK13
03-28-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to call the flop bet why not raise instead? Do you think he has a jack? My guess = Ax or small PP...calling flop bet = wasted $$...raising gives you a card free on the turn...I'd rather raise or fold here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is clearly aggressive - caps preflop, leads out with a bet on the flop. I doubt free card play will work here. You're probably going to get reraised on the flop, and you'll probably get bet into on the turn again if a blank comes.

KaiShin
03-28-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How many times has your free card play worked against a PF capper? Even if this is a steal attempt.

You think he capped with Ax or a small PP?

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip spew 101.

Eder
03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I should have added "might give you a free card" ...sorry /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think that since it is the SB capping, not the button, and I have 3 bets in already what is the most EV play here? Calling is tossing $$ chasing 10 outs (maybe only 4)...either decide to drop this hand, or if you decide to play it then try to win the hand by taking control. I'm glad it seemed to work out for the hero, but had he raised and missed he still had a chance to win if SB was on a steal.

On Party $1 I'm quite sure SB would cap with a medium hand .

Eder
03-28-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip spew 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheap shot...how is folding chip spewing?
Call &amp; fold (weak/passive)if the gutshot (~8% to hit) misses on the turn is chip spewing no?

NateDog
03-28-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip spew 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call &amp; fold (weak/passive)if the gutshot (~8% to hit) misses on the turn is chip spewing no?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you discounting the overs? Won't our equity change dramatically depending on the turn? Why not wait till we have a larger edge and push it, or abandon it should the turn be no help?

Entity
03-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Jesus. This guy capped preflop out of position. How often do we really think a flop raise will work against him?

Y'all are gonna get your asses 3-bet a lot of the time if you're routinely raising in these situations, especially as you move up.

Rob

ArturiusX
03-28-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding? What? Didn't you just suggest we raise this flop against a preflop capper?

Eder
03-29-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding? What? Didn't you just suggest we raise this flop against a preflop capper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe my opinion in my 1st reply was to raise or fold...

yellowjack
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Nicely played, not a bad turn card too /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Did you catch what SB had? Curious.

ArturiusX
03-29-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't see how this is a raise or fold, at all.

NateDog
03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nicely played, not a bad turn card too /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Did you catch what SB had? Curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT /images/graemlins/heart.gif