PDA

View Full Version : Two pair on a flush board 4-way

Mr. Graff
03-28-2005, 03:24 PM
First hand, I just sat down. I don't recall playing CO but my limited stats seem to indicate he is a TAG.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

My question concerns the turn. Do you bet this turn with four callers on the flop?
Once it is raised in late position do you still call the raise despite not having the odds to fill up (combined with the small chance you are still good)?

Scotch78
03-28-2005, 03:27 PM
A 4BB pot against three opponents with a three flush and possible straight on board, and I'm somewhat out of position . . . no way do I bet this turn.

Scott

krishanleong
03-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I bet this turn everytime. I think you played it fine.

Krishan

PokerBob
03-28-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this turn everytime. I think you played it fine.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Mr. Graff
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A 4BB pot against three opponents with a three flush and possible straight on board, and I'm somewhat out of position . . . no way do I bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
And HEFAP appears to back you up: http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=605697&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o =&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1

It just goes against my initial "gut reaction" but I see the reasoning behind. Would you bet if it was 3-ways and not 4-ways?