PDA

View Full Version : YAVH (Yet Another Vegas Hand): J7s in the SB.

BigEndian
03-28-2005, 03:16 PM
This one is dull until the river.

I have J/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB. 4 limpers to me and I complete, BB checks.

Flop:
Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, the BB folds, a semi-pro stud player who is slumming for fun and not playing very agressive calls, a spontaneously aggresive wierdo who only seems to raise me when he has the goods calls everyone else folds.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, call, call.

River A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check with the intention of raising like a monkey on crack.

- Jim

meep_42
03-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Why bet the turn? I think your chances of folding people out are about zero. Are you setting up a river bluff if you miss?

-d

BigEndian
03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I might win the pot right then. I'm calling anything, so I bet. Pretty standard imo.

When they call the turn, it's very likely someone at least has a pair and will call the river so I will bluff the river with this hand about 0% of the time.

- Jim

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Why not bet and 3-bet if you can?

BigEndian
03-28-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm not certain a raise is coming. I felt fairly sure a bet would come.

- Jim

sfer
03-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Stud guy isn't betting the river because Stud players never do into multiway pots without monsters, and your checkraise will probably drive him out, so I think betting with the intention of 3-betting is the better plan, unless you think Stud guy is folding the river with a player to act behind him (which is a common things for Stud players but you suggest he's semi-donking).

But I'm the King Of River Whiffs so WTF do I know.

BigEndian
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
That's interesting about stud players, I hadn't picked up on that.

I thought it was likely I was only going to get one caller on the end if I bet (probably the stud player). I had thought the stud player would put a bet in if I checked to him and he had a hand though. Maybe there was something in the moment that gave me this impression.

He did bet, the other player called and I got my CR in. The stud player then folded after flashing his QT to my buddy in the BB. The other player called and tabled broadway - weirdo.

- Jim