PDA

View Full Version : Weird 2001FP question

Brainwalter
03-28-2005, 02:49 PM
The leftmost column of pixels flickers red constantly. Each pixel flickers individually; it looks kind of like static. Only a 1-pixel wide column is affected, although sometimes I see isolated red pixels elsewhere on the screen (this happens rarely and to a small extent).

The isolated pixels and the flickering column are limited to areas of the screen that are black. My desktop is black, but if I interpose a window over the column of flickering pixels, the ones covered stop. I hope I've described the problem clearly.

I got mine a few months ago. I used it for a couple days, and then I left town for about 2 weeks. When I returned, I noticed I had left the monitor turned on. I don't think this probably caused the problem. There was no signal to the monitor so it should have been hibernating or whatever monitors do. I only mention it because it may be relevant, and I don't recall noticing the problem before leaving town.

The DVI connection seems firmly connected.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Edited because I can't capture all my thoughts before hitting submit.

Freakin
03-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Check it on a friend's computer under teh same conditions. If they persist, warranty return it immediately. This should not be happening on a TFT, and the problem is unlikely to improve.

Freakin

memphis57
03-28-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used it for a couple days, and then I left town for about 2 weeks. When I returned, I noticed I had left the monitor turned on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jezzzzzzus H. CHrist! Didn't your Mom warn you of this when you were growing up? I know she did. You'd leave the bathroom light on, you'd leave the kitchen light on, if you were home alone when your parents got back they'd find every light in the house turned on probably. I can just tell. "You don't have to light up the whole neighborhood, Walter," she would say, and you'd just say "Oh, mom, it's just a few lights." Well, now you see what it gets you - the thin red line, soon to expand to the RED SCREEN OF DEATH!

Boys, learn from his mistake - you better listen to your mama.