PDA

View Full Version : Another skirt-sportin' river

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Alright, I just figured out where Eurobet has been sending my hand histories so this is the last of my backlog for today. Promise. Plus I haven't posted any of my own donktastic hands for like 2 weeks now, so be cool, yo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Villain was 40/6/1.2 so his continued aggression gave me pause. My superstitious reverence for the power of 44 did nothing to calm my worried nerves. Did I put in too few bets here? Too many? Just right?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

KaiShin
03-28-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (24.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eurotrash
03-28-2005, 02:23 PM
I think my river line would be bet/call a raise.

I, of course, could also suck and be totally wrong.. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fat Nicky
03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
On the flop, I'd 3-bet instead of just calling the button's raise. You position relative to the flop raiser sucks, 3-bet and get their money on the flop where they are more willing to give it up.

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 02:25 PM
I was trying to collect overcalls on a loosey goosey table; thought people might balk at two cold there. Sub-optimal?

cnfuzzd
03-28-2005, 02:35 PM
you lose to 3 hands. You beat all the rest of them. I dont mind going for the river checkraise, (though its not what i would do) but the next time you dont raise that river, i will KNOW you are a fish on a hotstreak...

peace

john nickle

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes sir.

QTip
03-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Man..I just wrote a long frickin response to this and now I don't know where it went...

Anyway, let me rewrite with some more brevity...

I've noticed that I've been giving WAY to much respect to loose players with passive AF. I'm loosing bets, and I'm going to stop. I was going to post this hand this morning. I'm in BB with KQo (not a standard raise for me). A fish like marotti's here except AF of .85 limps UT+2 and folded to me, I raise.

Flop: KKJ

I bet, he raises, I call (planning a c/r on the turn - not my favorite move OOP against a passive player, but I gave it a shot).

Turn - rag - I c/r and we cap.

River - rag - I bet, he raises, I look at the AF of .85 again, and turn wus and call fearing KJ.

he has KT and mhig...who cares.

I've seen this way too much and this morning I made the decision to push fish more even though their AF may show passive...especially in hands like mine and marotti's here.

Fat Nicky
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to collect overcalls on a loosey goosey table; thought people might balk at two cold there. Sub-optimal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i guess a good question would be: What is your plan on the turn assuming everyone called the raise instead of the flop getting 3-bet???

I ask this, because if everyone calls buttons raise, then you check to him on the turn, and he bets, a check/raise will face the field with 2 big bets. Now the question becomes will we gain more bets by 3-betting the flop, or doing a stop n go from the flop to the turn.

private joker
03-28-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you lose to 3 hands. You beat all the rest of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK
K2

Um.... That's 5 I think. (Though I think all of those but 44 and K2 are extraordinarily unlikely given the action, so I would bet and call a raise).

somapopper
03-28-2005, 03:31 PM
button has a2 of hearts? (sometimes he has k2s and that's gonna blow, but take that chance). I'm not giving him credit for 44 at any point during this hand. It's exactly 2 cards and I think most players (even fish) will cold call that flop w/ 44 (not that I agree with cold calling here).

I'd probably checkraise the river, but not cap against a 3-bet. Only because a high card fell on the turn though. I like your line because it looks like you and the other 2 are trying to charge flush and st8 draws. If a beautiful diamond falls on the turn, you can expect to be checkraised, and a high flush will stick it out till the bitter end.

edit: I misread the flop action. Keep raising on the flop, because it looks like trip 2s trying to protect themself.

cnfuzzd
03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you lose to 3 hands. You beat all the rest of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK
K2

Um.... That's 5 I think. (Though I think all of those but 44 and K2 are extraordinarily unlikely given the action, so I would bet and call a raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

BAH!!! for some reason, i thought hero had 44. Im still putting more than one bet in on this river.

peace

john nickle

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm still a fish on a hot streak.