PDA

View Full Version : AA against prob 2+2er

tolbiny
03-28-2005, 01:45 PM
PP 5-10 6 handed.

My image = lag as i have been talking [censored] to an MP player. I Hit a nice run of cards- KTs twice, KTo and KK- over four hands, so naturall yi was doing some raising and betting- i lost one at show down won one at sd, and took the other two on the turn. So mp starts in on how bad i am and how he has been taking money from me "all day" (i have been at the table for 1/2 an hour) with s pp's when i bet my A high preflop riases. So i am getting him all riled up to start over defening and a couple of other players have taken notice.

The player immediately to my left is very likely to be a 2+2er (by his name and decent play), but i think he has been taken in by my lag image to come extent.

I open raise with AA and poss 2+2er three bets, folded back around to me, and i cap.

Flop
2, 3, J,
I bet out, poss 2+2er raises, i three bet, 2+2er calls.
Turn
I check.....

brettbrettr
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Sounds like you have a laggy image to everyone except the guy you're in the pot with. I think you whiffed on the turn.

What was the river? I missed a c/r on the turn last night and got it in on the river. Risky, but gorgeous when it works. As for when it works I'm batting 1/1.

krishanleong
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Seems like a great spot to get tricky and call the 3-bet preflop. When a LAG caps, people go on guard a lot more than when they raise and call a 3-bet. It's not like you capped the last 4 hands preflop.

The way you played it I just call the flop raise and bet the turn looking to 3-bet. I have no idea what the turn check it suppose to do.

Krishan

mts
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
cap PF and 3 bet the flop....
screams overpair. He is probably in calldown mode and you just missed a bet.

tolbiny
03-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, i whiffed on the turn c/r and the river was an Ace. I bet out figuring he might call out of curiosity, and if he ahd a big ace in his hand (unlikely) i might get three bets in.
He called and showed 77- so i missed a bet on the turn.