PDA

View Full Version : Where to keep the online bankroll?

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Sorry for another annoying question. In terms of bankroll security, how does the following sound? Keep 300 BBs in each skin as a working stack, with anything remaining in NetTeller. Then move money from NetTeller into the skin for reload bonuses as needed, then back out to NetTeller?

Bottom line question: Is NetTeller more secure than the skin? Or is "security" at either place pretty much a joke, and all money should be kept in a US savings account with FSLIC/FDIC insurance? I am resisting the latter because I do not like to mix my "real" money with my "bankroll", and I have no need to make bankroll withdrawals.

Relatedly, I'm not that concerned about earning interest on my non-working bankroll. I do, however, want to keep the bankroll relatively liquid so I can move it around instantaneously to take advantage of reload bonuses. (I was annoyed to have missed the March 20% Party reload bonus, because my NetTeller account was not fully authenticated before the deadline, and my money got tied up in the transfer.)

Thanks for your advice.

DMBFan23
03-28-2005, 01:44 PM
personally, I keep like 5 or 6 buyins on my skin of choice, and the rest in neteller. once my roll gets bigger I may put anything in excess of 400 BBs into a money market or something

captZEEbo1
03-28-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
personally, I keep like 5 or 6 buyins on my skin of choice, and the rest in neteller. once my roll gets bigger I may put anything in excess of 400 BBs into a money market or something

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your avatar /images/graemlins/smile.gif

some people use neteller.

Nick-Zack
03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
300BB is too strong for me in each site. I keep 100BB at every site that I play at. I keep $5K in Neteller (I play 5/10HE), and I keep the rest of my bankroll in ING. Every Monday morning I withdraw or deposit to get each account back to these numbers.

This year is the first that I have started paying myself a fixed salary to live on. In the past my bankroll and personal money has always been combined but this year I make a withdrawal every Friday into my checking account and a withdrawal into another ING account that is set aside to pay taxes.

barry111
03-28-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
300BB is too strong for me in each site. I keep 100BB at every site that I play at. I keep $5K in Neteller (I play 5/10HE), and I keep the rest of my bankroll in ING. Every Monday morning I withdraw or deposit to get each account back to these numbers.

This year is the first that I have started paying myself a fixed salary to live on. In the past my bankroll and personal money has always been combined but this year I make a withdrawal every Friday into my checking account and a withdrawal into another ING account that is set aside to pay taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is "ING"? thanks

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
ING is ING Direct, a depositary institution traditionally offering higher-than-market interest on demand deposits. ING's current rate is 2.80%. I recommend using Emigrant Direct instead, which is offering 3.25%.

SamJack
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is "ING"? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

ING Orange Account (http://www.ingdirect.com/osa_work/)

Bluffoon
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
I keep my extra funds invested in a TD Waterhouse brokerage account. I make my deposits by debit card and for party and skins they transfer direct to my account in a couple of business days. The funds are actually invested in stocks but I have a margin account for liquidity.

Freakin
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ING is ING Direct, a depositary institution traditionally offering higher-than-market interest on demand deposits. ING's current rate is 2.80%. I recommend using Emigrant Direct instead, which is offering 3.25%.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to keep a healthy amount invested for over a year to get the same return as the free $25 from ING direct. The amount is at least $6k. So keep your money in ING for a year (or shorter, just to get the free $25), then move it to Emigrant Direct. Nothing like savings account whoring.

Freakin

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 03:34 PM
The best bank whoring offer I have found was the free Ipod mini offer from Citibank ($250 value).

Freakin
03-28-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best bank whoring offer I have found was the free Ipod mini offer from Citibank ($250 value).

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you have to keep a minimum balance for like 24 months or something or else they'd charge you for it? That looked like a pretty sweet deal all around.

Freakin

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I think it was $2500 minimum deposit, no minimum balance, must pay 2 bills online each month for 12 months. That said, Im still waiting on my Ipod.

sfwusc
03-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I keep buyins on site(6 at party skins/6 table at a time). Excess at Neteller/whoring.

At month end...I kick excess over 300BB to checking account or ING depending on my bills.

SFWUSC