PDA

View Full Version : Too tricky with the nuts?

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Villain here is 70/9/ 0.64(!!!!) So I figure he must like his hand here.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls. . . with the intention of raising the river.

Good idea?

Brainwalter
03-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't like it so much. He may have a heart and pay off a turn raise but not give you another bet on the river. He may also have a smaller heart flush and you miss a chance to go to war. A heart on the river may kill your action.

This isn't a tough player who can get away from a pair or something here. If it were I would like your play more but against this guy I think you should raise the turn.

shark6
03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I agree, raise the turn. With his stats, this hand is going to showdown. Don’t miss out on a chance to get into a raising war if he just made a set of Q’s or 2-pair.

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 02:44 PM
My thought here was not to scare Villain if he did not have a flush. I didnt want to knock him off AQ or another marginal hand. If I raise him here he may not pay off on the river. If I raise the river I played the hand so strangely that I thought he'd be compelled to call with any piece. Am I overthinking this? I don't think going to war on the turn is as obvious as its being made out to be.

somapopper
03-28-2005, 02:52 PM
it's nice that you've got that st8 flush all blocked off

Also, I like your line. It stinks if a heart falls, but most of the time it won't.

(Not really a helpful post, but it's just a lovely lovely flop)

Brainwalter
03-28-2005, 03:03 PM
"Knock him off" AQ? Not happening. He's paying you off here with way worse than that IMO. But probably not as well if certain cards come off. It's a loose passive guy right? This would be different if opponent was weak tight or tough, but I think ABC&gt;FPS on this hand.

shaundeeb
03-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Raise PF. Then take it from there. Def raise the turn on the line you took he could 3bet with the straight and a lower flush. Don't cap though I would wait for the river and hope to get 3 more bets in instead of 1 if you cap it.

TripleH68
03-28-2005, 03:14 PM
I have been stuck on this hand for 10 minutes because it looks like something I would do...

But I think it is too tricky against all but the worst players.

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I think everyone's opinion that I was too tricky here is probably right. River was a blank and we capped it. Villain had AQo.

TripleH68
03-28-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone's opinion that I was too tricky here is probably right. River was a blank and we capped it. Villain had AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did villain hold Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 03:25 PM
No. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

scott111
03-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Don't you have to raise this to protect your hand, since your hand is not the pure nuts? While it's true that there's no potential for Villain to have str8 flush, you don't have one either, so if the board pairs you could be taken down by a boat.

I'm a bit new to the game, so I hope this is not too obvious.

rmarotti
03-28-2005, 03:46 PM
This is not much of a concern HU, IMO.