PDA

View Full Version : tptk no limit cash game

smithjon
03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
pretty loose $50 buy in cash game, first hand, so everyone is even at 50$ - 6 handed, 1/2 blinds (high i know).

I'm on button, pick up AQs, UTG +1 calls, UTG+2 calls, folded to me.

raise to $5, 3 to go, standard pre flop raise for this game.
Two callers call, everyone else folds.

flop comes Q 8 3 rainbow.

UTG +1 raises 10, UTG +2 reraises 20, I push or fold with TPTK? Why? Keep in mind this is a VERY loose game, this bet is not out of line with top pair, and hard to give players credit for high PPs, as they would almost certainly have reraised my PFR. My read says Queen lower kick on at least one, maybe both, but is pushing a stupid play regardless of this thought?

Spladle Master
03-29-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise to $5, 3 to go, standard pre flop raise for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if it's standard, it's still stupid.

tworooks
03-29-2005, 01:09 AM
i agree about the stupid standard raise. as for the hand, i think this should be a push. but if thats you're only buy in and u would just have to sit and watch for a couple hours, then i guess don't take the risk. with the type of players you decribed, they could easily have QK-Q9. I guess you could be worried about a set of 8's also. but i push

joewatch
03-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Just out of curiosity, how do you know this is going to be a loose game, since it just started? Anyway, why raise with AQs if you know everyone is going to call?

Looks like it's going to be loose-aggressive given the action since UTG nearly pot-commits himself with his raise. I fold here and wait for a better opportunity to take somebody's stack. Once you have built a decent stack (>100bb), then you can bully the rest of the table.