PDA

View Full Version : Fight Club

KaneKungFu123
03-28-2005, 10:05 AM
alot of people who love this movie fail to realize that it mocks their entire lifestyle and belief system.

istewart
03-28-2005, 10:07 AM
It's a movie.

dr_venkman
03-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Where you are now you can't even begin to understand what the bottom looks like.

sam h
03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
alot of people who love this movie fail to realize that it mocks their entire lifestyle and belief system.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But a lot of people who like this movie because it mocks an entire lifestyle and belief system (or any other reason) fail to realize that it sucks.

And some people gos so far as to use Tyler Durden as their 2+2 handle...

mmbt0ne
03-28-2005, 01:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
True. But a lot of people who like this movie because it mocks an entire lifestyle and belief system (or any other reason) fail to realize that it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank Christ I'm not alone in this.

ScottyP431
03-28-2005, 01:18 PM
You 2 suck

FatMan
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't you know that the first rule of "Fight club" is you don't talk about "Fight Club"?

moondogg
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You 2 suck

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm sick of those Irish bastards and their "vertigo" crap.

theBruiser500
03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

coudl you elaboate please, i saw the movie but didn't think about it much because everyone liked it too much for what it was so i didn't want to like it at all.

STLantny
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
The premise of the movie, is that material goods are worthless, and the rat race and horrible cylce that ppl get involved in to obtain these stupid objects is ridiculous. At least from what my feeble mind got out of it.

Popinjay
03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

coudl you elaboate please, i saw the movie but didn't think about it much because everyone liked it too much for what it was so i didn't want to like it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who prevails in the end?

tdarko
03-28-2005, 01:54 PM
it does mock everything we were brought up to believe but if you read the book (and not get caught up in the hollywood movie) you will understand that maybe mocking society isn't such a horrible thing. of course we are not going to change the way we live (i enjoy nice cars and expensive tv's) but we can change our outlook on life to make us better as people. in the end a book is just a book and a movie is just a movie, get what can out of either and if it has nothing to offer you then move on.

trying2learn
03-28-2005, 06:46 PM
for some strange reason i tend to like movies that make me feel like i need to watch them again to view it correctly. memento had this same effect on me to name one...it's kind of cool to be flipped up on your head once in awhile.

Tyler Durden
03-28-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And some people gos so far as to use Tyler Durden as their 2+2 handle...

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever "Sam H"

uw_madtown
03-28-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who prevails in the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough people pay attention to this. And as a result, most Fight Club fans are hip-pocket nihilist moron frat-boys that make me wish it wasn't my favorite movie, so I didn't get lumped in with the rest of them.

And yes, it was a good movie. It was a great movie, in fact...

lucas9000
03-28-2005, 08:32 PM
obviously you are very, very cool.

KaneKungFu123
03-28-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
obviously you are very, very cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously you are also very, very cool.

KaneKungFu123
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who prevails in the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough people pay attention to this. And as a result, most Fight Club fans are hip-pocket nihilist moron frat-boys that make me wish it wasn't my favorite movie, so I didn't get lumped in with the rest of them.

And yes, it was a good movie. It was a great movie, in fact...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should reread the book a couple of times.

mr pink
03-28-2005, 09:05 PM
keep on working in a job you hate to buy [censored] you don't need. but do what you like, man.

Duke
03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a movie about a guy who has an alternate personality who ends up creating an army of people to do his bidding based on his desire to kick his own ass and their love for beating the hell out of each other and they blow up some buildings at the end as a way to express the struggle between '90's working stiffs in dead end jobs who are basically slaves to corporate america and i didn't like it much but a lot of people identify with it.

~D

Evan
03-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I understand that, that's kinda why I like it.

Paluka
03-29-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many people who really loves the movie fails to realize this.

uw_madtown
03-29-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should reread the book a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

The book is not the movie.

And I've read the book multiple times.

hunterking
03-29-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You 2 suck

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm sick of those Irish bastards and their "vertigo" crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

god me 2