PDA

View Full Version : 77 Hand

Unarmed
03-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Lev 2 77 in SB Villain (BB) has around 650 I have him covered.

2 limpers I limp, Villain bumps it to 120 3 callers incl me

Flop (480) 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gift /images/graemlins/diamond.gif t /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check Villain bets 1/2 pot, all fold I push.

Phil Van Sexton
03-28-2005, 10:42 AM
The preflop call was bad. He only has 530 left after you call, so you're not going to be paid off by him if you flop a set. If you don't, you are out of position.

If he bets 1/2 the pot (240), he has only 290 left when you push, so he has to call. You are effectively betting 530 that he doesn't have a pair higher than yours. I'm guessing that this is a big chunk of your stack. In which case, I don't like it.

There are also 2 other callers that may or may not have folded already, and may or may not have you covered. One of them could easily have checked a Ten on the flop.

You really need to post all the stack sizes, positions, and the buy-in if you want to get decent responses.

Unarmed
03-28-2005, 11:00 AM
10+1

I am SB, Villain is BB, the other limpers are MP players sandwiched in between me and the PF raiser (hence the call with 77) Other limpers and I have around 800.

I checked the flop out of the SB, intending to check or fold depending on the action. Villain made a half pot bet on a two flush board (good) and the limpers folded. (great) The action was to me and I pushed.

Assuming you make the call PF getting 4.3-1 with wonderful position if you spike the 7, what is your flop line?

Thx and my apologies for no converter, the hand is buried in a stack of 20 HH and I can't remember which one contains it.