PDA

View Full Version : QQ Hand

Unarmed
03-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Lev 3, QQ on CO, equal stacks of 700
UTG raises to 200
All fold I call, 2 to the flop

Flop (550) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain checks, I check

Turn (550) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain pushes, I call

wuwei
03-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Your hand is too vulnerable and the board is too coordinated to check that flop. Bet it.

Unarmed
03-28-2005, 01:40 PM
If on the flop my Qs magically turned to Ks, check ok then?

mts
03-28-2005, 02:32 PM
allin most of the time PF.
allin the other handfull of times on the flop.

Your play might leave more of a dent in peoples minds and might give you free cards later ... unless you busted /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11t
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't slowplay weak hands.

Degen
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
ditto...you must bet that flop

Degen

Degen
03-28-2005, 02:40 PM
no...do not slowplay an overpair unless you are heads up against a total maniac

one move i like with AA or KK is to raise big PRE then bet the flop small...make it look like a timid contination bet....then they come over the top quite often.

Degen

eastbay
03-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Checking behind on the flop is a poor play. You want to give him a free look to pair up his AK, hit his set, or let him get scared out of the pot if an overcard to his smaller PP falls?

No, bet or push the flop. Re-raising all-in preflop is ok, too.

eastbay

Unarmed
03-28-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking behind on the flop is a poor play. You want to give him a free look to pair up his AK, hit his set, or let him get scared out of the pot if an overcard to his smaller PP falls?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks.
I know all this BTW, and a month ago would have happily shoved on the flop, just trying to think more about extracting value when I'm good.

I'm dead against AA/KK here obviously but was trying to provoke a bluff from AK.

6 outs is too many to give a free card to though I guess right?

eastbay
03-28-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks.
I know all this BTW, and a month ago would have happily shoved on the flop, just trying to think more about extracting value when I'm good.

I'm dead against AA/KK here obviously but was trying to provoke a bluff from AK.

6 outs is too many to give a free card to though I guess right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your read was dead-on for AK (which is impossible, of course), I'm not sure how it washes out in terms of inducing a bluff vs. giving free cards.

But there's more to it than that. Say the guy holds JJ, 99, or 88 (reasonable reads considering his biggish preflop raise) and is ready to play with zero or one overcards on the board, and was going for a check-raise all-in. Now an A, K, Q, or T, 9 falls, putting another overcard, or possible trips out there. Now he's scared and may not pay you off when you bet the turn.

eastbay

Unarmed
03-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Thx EB.