PDA

View Full Version : 99, turned into a calling station

deepsquat
03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Looking for tips on all streets. No reads on these guys, sorry.

Hero T15225
MP1 T16757
CO T7478

Paradise Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of 1000.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

I was considering a push here pf as i really didnt want to see a flop with this.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

With BB betting straight out and one caller i wasnt quite sure about my 99. My plan was to have a look at the turn and if an undercard or non-draw card came i was going to push.

But as you can see from the other streets i turned into a calling station.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

By the time i got to the river i figured that the only hands that will call my push will be hands that beat me.

Final Pot:

I felt like a complete fish, whats a better line here?

Thanks

Chris Daddy Cool
03-28-2005, 08:11 AM
mp open limper and a co overlimp? i'd raise here like 100% of the time.

the way the hand played out, i don't think you're beating much on the river, and i can't imagine how you'd win if you have to overcall.

crookedhat99
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looking for tRips on all streets. No reads on these guys, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

betgo
03-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Is this is limit tournament? You can't push in a limit tournament and a push would be a huge overbet. I don't know why you don't want to see a flop. Obviously, you are looking for an overpair or set. If this is limit, calling seems reasonable in this situation. I do well in limit tournaments calling a lot with good hands. People will keep betting into you with nothing thinking you will fold. When you are not sure if you have the best hand, calling is often correct.

deepsquat
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
This is a no-limit tourney.

so a pf push or big raise would be best?

Thanks guys.

Roman
03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
fix the HH

Roman
03-28-2005, 07:02 PM
id push PF

betgo
03-28-2005, 07:03 PM
You are not showing the size of you opponents bets. It is impossible to answer questions about postflop play without them.

A preflop push is too big an overbet and therefore too dangerous. You could put in a 1/2 - 2 x pot size raise. Limping is OK too. You are playing for a set, an underflop, or a straight draw. When you get an overcard, even a T, you usually don't want to put much more in. It seems like you are afraid to see the flop because you are overplaying the hand when overcards hit.