PDA

View Full Version : Tradesports.com - Anyone use it?

stackm
03-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Looks really interesting, I think I'm going to make a small deposit and give it a try. Can anyone attest to their reliability or lack thereof? Ease of cashouts? Tips for successful trading? Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

craig r
03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
They are very reliable. Anytime I cashout I usually receive it within 24-36 hours. Their customer service is pretty good as well. I hope this helps a bit.

craig

2ndGoat
03-28-2005, 08:51 AM
spreads are generally much tigher than, say, the wsex long-term markets.

They charge a purchase fee, 4 cents per share I think, which is reasonable, but what annoyed me a little was an "expiry fee" every time one of your positions ends up a winner. I think that was also 4 cents per share. Nothing huge, just seems sort of unfair that once you take a position and pay the fee for doing so, the only way to avoid paying additional fees on it is to lose the bet.

2nd

QuickLearner
03-28-2005, 09:22 AM
For what it's worth, SBR rates the "F." That could mean anything from multiple no-pays to John being rebuffed trying to sell them an ad. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tech
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, SBR rates the "F."

[/ QUOTE ]

??? They are a "B" at SBR.

tech
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
They are very reliable and very customer-friendly, in my experience. The only downside is that if you bet more than $100 a game it is sometimes hard to get good prices. If you are a small bettor, you really really need an account there.

QuickLearner
03-28-2005, 03:11 PM
You are right; either I looked at Triadsports or I need to get my eyes checked. Sorry for the confusion.

Skipbidder
03-28-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They charge a purchase fee, 4 cents per share I think, which is reasonable,

[/ QUOTE ]

You no longer have to pay the 4 cents per share price if you are a price-setter. (If you make an order that is not immediately filled, then you won't have the 4 cent fee.)

the alex
03-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I've been using BetOnSports for a couple of years. They have a great poker site now, too if you play $100-$200 NLHE and only play 2 tables. Good if you play $2k NLHE, too. The poker site has a lot of sports gamblers with big BR's trying poker.

hogua
03-29-2005, 12:48 PM
This thread got me interested in Tradesports.

If a contract for NBA Team A to win the finals is has a bid of 20 and and ask of 25, what would be the money line?

Since I'm not used to dealing with futures contracts, it's hard for me to know if buying/selling a particualr contract has value. Doing this would be much easier if I could convert the bid/ask price to a moneyline format.

I think that the "ask" is the current price I can buy the contract, which would translate to a prop bet that the team wins the finals and that the "bid" price is the current price to sell the contract (or sell short), which would translate to a bet the the team does not win the finals.

Normally, I think this would be fairly easy to do, but I was up all night working on a project and my morning coffee isn't really getting the motor turning yet.

Can someone please help and post the equations to do this and allow me to put my sleep (and caffine) deprived brain to rest?

Thanks

tech
03-29-2005, 12:58 PM
A bid/offer of 20/25 equates to a moneyline of -400/+300. When selling the contract, you are risking 80 to win 20, or laying 4 to 1. To buy, you are getting 75 to 25, or 3 to 1.

If you don't want to bother with the conversions, go to http://www.tradebetx.com. This is the sports betting interface to Tradesports. There is a setting there to view all the contracts as moneylines so that you don't have to do the conversions. It also allows you to put in dollar figures instead of contracts, if you aren't comfortable dealing in contracts.

hogua
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Good deal! Thanks!

ctv1116
03-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Haha, I understand the futures prices perfectly and don't get the moneylines at all...

Iceman
04-01-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks really interesting, I think I'm going to make a small deposit and give it a try. Can anyone attest to their reliability or lack thereof? Ease of cashouts? Tips for successful trading? Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the NFL, they have very good prices on favorites. In the last NFL playoffs, if you bet favorites on tradesports and dogs on Pinnacle, you would have paid virtually zero juice.

Exchanges tend to have much more favorable prices on futures than the standard books do. The books factor a large risk premium into their futures prices.

When it comes to regular games, if the bid-ask spreads are tiny, then the exchanges can have better prices than the standard books. When the bid-ask spread is more than .3, then you will usually get a better price from the standard books, unless the exchange line is much more favorable to one side.

Betfair has more liquidity and a much wider range of markets than Tradesports, but at least as of right now they don't allow Americans.