PDA

View Full Version : TPGK vs aggresive bettor

kross
03-28-2005, 07:34 AM
MP2 is LA-P 29/5/.8 after 40 hands. Will limp with any two suited, etc.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Cap or call? Charge the flush/straight draws the max? Given the bettor's postflop passive stats, I felt like I was probably behind to two pair.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Raise since I didn't cap the flop? Being 3-bet would really suck. But, after reviewing this hand, I see that even if I am currently ahead, I'm letting the draws draw cheap.

River: (15.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Well Q4/J4 just got counterfeited. My hand looks better.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Brainwalter
03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
I like the flop non-cap.

One of the main reasons, though, is so that you can raise the turn. That's the best way to charge the draws.

MP2 is passive. Is he passive enough that you can fold the turn? If not, I think you have to find a raise here. I don't think a player like this will 3-bet without a set, so maybe you could fold if he 3-bets. If he just calls my turn raise I would consider checking behind even on a blank river.

Chris Dow
03-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Yup, raise that turn, I think it's a fold to a 3-bet. On a side note, consider not raising your junky kqo preflop? Might be just me but you can make that flush draw make a much bigger mistake (and release your no good TPGK hands) by not raising and juicing the pot so much with these kinda trashy multiway hands. Curious to see what other posters think about that. On another note the raise with a hand like KQs is immediately obvious to me, I tend to use suitedness to determine whether to raise or not in this exact situation however.