PDA

View Full Version : playing postions (ie bed, chair, etc)

Brian R
03-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Guys-

Comments please for I have been thinking about this for a while. Recently I have only been playing at night and I have found it the most enjoyable to play lying in bed. I used to play sitting at a desk in a more "normal" fashion. Recently, I must say I have been on a downward swing (just bad beats, no tilt etc). Do you guys think this (the loseing, not bad beats) could have anything to do with my playing position and posture? I know in sales they say body position and posture make a difference with sales results. What are your thoughts about online poker? I really don't think I'm playing different but then again, I am making this post. Could lying in bed trigger my body to think I'm tired which might affect my play? Again I don't think so but what are thoughts and experiances?
Thanks for reading.

Brian

pyroponic
03-28-2005, 05:40 AM
I don't know how "correct" your posture is, but playing from your bed could lead to adverse health affects in the long-term. And how you mentioned about being very comfortable there's a possibly you're losing your focus, but I tend to play better when i'm comfortable. If you have extra money to blow, get a Herman Miller Aeron chair. Mine makes me feel like i'm laying in bed sometimes =)

John's whoring blog (http://www.livejournal.com/~pyroponic)

poker-penguin
03-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I play 90% of the time on a hard wooden chair at a kitchen table. It reminds me that this is a job (sort of).